Install account for CRM4 installation with Data Migration Wizard? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are installing CRM4 and the Data Migration Wizard, and they both seem to be running fine, however our integrator has raised some questions around the user accounts being used?

Apparently in CRM3 it was necessary to install the Data Migration Wizard under the same user context as the account used to install the CRM server. Does this still apply in 4.0?

And if the credential issue is still there, can it be resolved with changes to permissions on the Application Pools, Services or other? Or is a reinstall the best option?

The questions are really stemming from the fact that we have the following setup:

SVRA = CRM4, Reporting Svcs, Migration Wizard, SQL Express for Migration Wizard

SVRB = SQL Enterprise cluster for CRM4 and Reporting Svcs

I had issues getting the Migration Wizard database installed on the remote SQL server so used a local instance. Is it supported to use a local DB like this, or do I have to make sure the Migration Wizard DB is on the same server as the CRM4 DB?

Thanks,

Simon.

Friday, June 6, 2008 1:55 AM

Answers

• Someone who is not the installing CRM user can install the Data Migration Manager.  This is a different app than the 3.0 Data Migration Pack.  I have done this myself.

The user will need to have appropriate rights to create records and customization if they will be creating any attributes using the DMM.

Monday, June 9, 2008 11:19 AM