locked
Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtension.Client.Fetch.FetchProxy' to type 'Microsoft.Crm.Sandbox.SandboxFetchProxy'. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

    I am trying to create a report in CRM Online where I am getting the following error

    Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtension.Client.Fetch.FetchProxy' to type 'Microsoft.Crm.Sandbox.SandboxFetchProxy'.


    Here is what I am trying to do. We have a cost associated with appointment in which contact are added as required attendees. We want to track cost of appointment per account and the bills that have been raised against these account. For this I have created the following FetchXML

    <fetch version="1.0" output-format="xml-platform" mapping="logical" distinct="false" aggregate="true">
      <entity name="appointment">
        <attribute name="new_cost"  alias='new_cost' aggregate='sum' />
      <link-entity name="activityparty" from="activityid" to="activityid" alias="bd">
    	<link-entity name="contact" from="contactid" to="partyid" alias="be">
    	  <link-entity name="account" from="accountid" to="parentcustomerid" alias="bf">
    		<link-entity name="new_feesreferred" from="new_parentnameid" to="accountid" alias="bg">
    		  <attribute name="new_billed"  alias='new_billed' aggregate='sum' />
    		  <attribute name="new_parentaccount"  alias='new_parentaccount' groupby='true' />
    		</link-entity>
    	  </link-entity>
    	</link-entity>
      </link-entity>
      </entity>
    </fetch>
    

    I will much appreciate if anyone can help me in this or make any suggestions.


    -Devashish
    http://thecrmworld.wordpress.com
    http://ebizartisans.com

    Sunday, June 26, 2016 6:19 PM

All replies

  • I'm also getting the same error when trying to create a SSRS Parameter based on a data source.  Other data sources seem to work, but I'm not able to query the stringmap entity.

    I wonder if there are restrictions to FetchXml running in sandbox mode like this?  I can't think of why it would work for some entities / queries and not others.

    Dave

    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:31 PM
  • I had this problem with a report I downloaded from CRM online and try to run on Visual Studio.

    The problem was solved when I removed the CRM Filter parameter from the dataset. Once I re-added it and reconnect the parameter to the dataset it worked. I think probably any dataset editing that would trigger the dataset re-creation by VS would solve the problem. At least this solved the problem on my case.

    Cheers,

    Renato


    Renato Lima

    Thursday, August 4, 2016 9:46 AM
  • Hi,

    I have see different reason for this error recently while working on a report upgrade project from on premise 2011 to online 2016, most of the time I found this related to the expression, fetchxml header attributes, I will suggest you to check expression in your report one by one, it may help you.

    Thanks


    Mahender |Our Blog
    "Make sure to click on 'Vote as Helpful' and 'Mark As Answer', if you get answer of your question

    Friday, August 5, 2016 8:03 AM
    Moderator