Microsoft Money RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using Microsoft Money since the early 90s.  I recently bought a new computer and downloaded Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 17.0.  Everything seems to be accurate with the account itself.  But when I look at my Monthly Income and Expense Report it has a message as follows: "You have xx transactions, totaling $xx, that don't have assigned categories." These transactions are some, but not all of my credit card purchases and pre-authorized payment amounts. It adds these random amounts into the report making the income and expense amounts inaccurate. Any way I can fix this?
    Friday, July 7, 2017 5:02 PM

All replies

• what version are you running?  I am running Money 98 on Win 10 with no problem.
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:44 AM
  • The answer to your question is in Doug's second sentence.

Teabag

Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:32 PM
  • The best way to fix your problem would be to assign a category to each of those transactions that don't currently don't have one.

In my version of Money (2000 International) under Tools \ Options \ Categories I can choose to use, or not use,  and distinguish income from expense ~ can you do that?

Lastly, you should be able to 'customise' your monthly income and expense report (unless this feature has been deleted during product 'improvement')

Teabag 

Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:46 PM
  • Click Customize in the left column. Go to the Category tab. Uncheck the two "Include Unassigned ..." boxes. Apply.

If you like it better that way, leave it that way.

On the other hand, assigning categories is good. I make a lot of use of my Misc expense category.

Friday, October 13, 2017 3:26 PM