none
How do we apply for the second shot voucher? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've purchased a 2 exam pack voucher and failed on one of the exams. I need a new voucher for the failed exam for second shot.

The original email where I received the voucher has mentioned

"IF YOU FAIL YOUR EXAM
    YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A FREE RETAKE – A SECOND SHOT

In order to re-take an exam, you will need to register your failed exam at:

http://www.prometric.com/microsoft/examretake.htm?s=MSRETAKE "

But this link does not work and I cannot find anylink for exam retake.

Can you advise on how to get the voucher for second shot? I tried many links in this forum.

Jaicind
    Friday, December 23, 2011 4:02 AM

Answers

• I have the same problem. Via google I' found the prometric page:

http://www.prometric.com/microsoft/examretake11.htm?s=msrtk11

where you are requested to fill email, vaucher, exam code in order to receive the second shot new vaucher code.

Web page gives me "Error V000" message, Generally, a common error may be attributed to an incorrect email address.

My address is correct, the same i've used for prometric profilr. Via free prometric phone number I' contacted a Prometric operator who said me the cause of error is due to the fact that the exam failed was sustined less than 72 hours before. Currently 96 hours passed but error is still occurring. I'll call again prometric tomorrow.

Best regards

Gabriele 

gab
    • Marked as answer by Jaicind Tuesday, December 27, 2011 4:15 AM
    Monday, December 26, 2011 7:13 PM

All replies

• Second Shot vouchers expired some time ago so there currently aren't any vouchers available.

For future reference: You need to register for a Second Shot voucher prior to sitting an exam i.e. if you didn't register for a second shot voucher before you sat and failed an exam, you're not entitled to take it again.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Friday, December 23, 2011 4:34 AM
  • Just wondering how can that be, when I registered for 2 exam pack the offer is that the pack is valid till 31st Dec, 2011 and has free retake. How can it be that all vouchers expire before the offer validity date?

Jaicind
    Friday, December 23, 2011 5:55 AM
  • Your question title is "How do we apply for the second shot voucher".

Your question states "I need a new voucher for the failed exam for second shot" and "Can you advise on how to get the voucher for second shot". 

Nowhere did you mention that you had already purchased Second Shot Vouchers.  This is why you got the reply you did.  Now that you've changed your question, you will get the answer you're looking for.

Did you read and follow the instructions that came with your exam pack before you sat and failed your exam?

Jeff Wharton

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Friday, December 23, 2011 8:11 AM
  • ok - as mentioned in my original thread, the instruction that came along with the exam pack is

In order to re-take an exam, you will need to register your failed exam at:  

http://www.prometric.com/microsoft/examretake.htm?s=MSRETAKE "

But if you click this link, it takes me to Prometric home page and I cant find any links to retake exams. 

Jaicind
    Monday, December 26, 2011 3:51 AM
  • I have the same problem. Via google I' found the prometric page:

http://www.prometric.com/microsoft/examretake11.htm?s=msrtk11

where you are requested to fill email, vaucher, exam code in order to receive the second shot new vaucher code.

Web page gives me "Error V000" message, Generally, a common error may be attributed to an incorrect email address.

My address is correct, the same i've used for prometric profilr. Via free prometric phone number I' contacted a Prometric operator who said me the cause of error is due to the fact that the exam failed was sustined less than 72 hours before. Currently 96 hours passed but error is still occurring. I'll call again prometric tomorrow.

Best regards

Gabriele 

gab
    • Marked as answer by Jaicind Tuesday, December 27, 2011 4:15 AM
    Monday, December 26, 2011 7:13 PM
  • Thanks for the link Gab. I too had a similar problem, on the link page you sent, I tried filling the form and it went through successfully(Used Mozilla browser). I used the email ID which is used for prometric login and the same voucher code ( I had bought a 2 exam pack) along the same exam number. I got the voucher emailed to my ID instantly

I had taken the exam 50 hours ago. The problem in your case may be that your exam results are not updated yet. You can do a check on the candidate history menu in your prometric profile. I had faced a similar issue earlier as some test sites send results late to prometric or results updation by prometric may be delayed which in turn leads to all this confusion

Good Luck , Thanks again for the link :)

Happy New Year in Advance

cheers

RAj

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 2:53 PM
  • THanks Gab, I could get the second shhot voucher from the link.

Happy new year !!!!

Regards,

Jaicind

Jaicind
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 6:38 AM
  • Hi guys,

I just got my second shot (sat exam last Friday). Problem is, no exam centers are open until Tuesday, which is 2012... the second shot voucher does not work, it says:

"The selected appointment Date is after the voucher expiration date"
    Well, duh! But Prometric sent my second shot so late I cannot book before the end of the year... any suggestions? Will Prometric send another valid for early next year?
    Thanks,
    Regards

• Edited by Biliskn3r Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:41 AM
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:41 AM
  • the free second shot vouchers has to be used before 31st dec. Few of the prometric centres are open - I could manage to schedule.
    Jaicind
    Friday, December 30, 2011 5:47 AM
  • Hi all,

I register MCITP pack in June'2011. I passed the exam 70-642 in June and 70-640 in December. Yesterday (29-12-2011) I failed the exam 70-646.

Now, I tried to get the retake voucher to appear the exam 70-646 again from the site URL : http://www.prometric.com/microsoft/examretake11.htm?s=msrtk11.  I put the correct email address, voucher number that I used for exam and exam code 070646. But it shows the follwing error.

" We're sorry, but we are unable to fulfill your request

Error V000 - The information you entered is not contained in our records.  Please verify your email address, your voucher number, and your exam number have been entered correctly.  "

Tomorrow is 31-12-2011 the last day. I think the second shot will also be expired.

So now, How can I get the new retake voucher to appear the exam again? Please suggest.

Friday, December 30, 2011 1:57 PM
  • As noted multiple times in this forum, the second shot program expired on June 30, 2011.  Microsoft hasn't started a new second shot program, so you'll have to pay for the exam retake.

Friday, December 30, 2011 4:02 PM
    Answerer
  • Finally I got retake voucher number from prometric 1 hour ago and also scheduled my exam in a testing center on 31-12-2011.

Pray for me.

Friday, December 30, 2011 6:50 PM
  • Finally I got retake voucher number from prometric 1 hour ago and also scheduled my exam in a testing center on 31-12-2011.

Pray for me.

Dear All,

Another problem has occurred for me. yesterday I contacted to local testing center over phone and somebody told me that they conduct Microsoft Online Exam. Accordingly I made a retake exam schedule with them through Prometric website.

Today (31-12-2011) I went to Testing Center for my exam and they said that they have no information about me from Prometric Authority and they have technical problem of taking exam last 5 to 6 months. So I can not appear the exam and after hearing that I became frustrated.

In this situation, I mailed to the exam center authority and also Prometric Candidate Care mentioning the situation.

Now, can anyone tell me , could Prometric understand the situation and give me a retake chance to complete my exam since the incident is not occurred by me?

Saturday, December 31, 2011 12:41 PM
  • Maybe.  Do you have anything from the Testing Center proving that you turned up for the exam and that they had no record of your booking?  You will need to talk to Prometric.
    Jeff Wharton

Saturday, December 31, 2011 12:48 PM
  • Maybe.  Do you have anything from the Testing Center proving that you turned up for the exam and that they had no record of your booking?  You will need to talk to Prometric.
    Jeff Wharton

I have a confirmation of details mail (such as exam schedule, site code, fees details etc etc) from Prometric after registration completed. But Exam Center have nothing about me which was supposed to be there from Prometric. I already mentioned all those things to Prometric Candidate Care through Email.
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 1:17 PM
  • I took test 70-640 on fre 13 and faild. Is there a way to get a free second shot voucher for me?

http://www.prometric.com/microsoft/examretake.htm?s=MSRETAKE 

Link is not working no more?

Monday, January 16, 2012 10:50 AM
  • I took test 70-640 on fre 13 and faild. Is there a way to get a free second shot voucher for me?

http://www.prometric.com/microsoft/examretake.htm?s=MSRETAKE 

Link is not working no more?

No.  There are no secind shot vouchers available.

Jeff Wharton

Monday, January 16, 2012 9:12 PM