locked
Workflows stuck at waiting RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All, I would really appreciate some help with a problem I have. I am trying to create a simple workflow that sends out an email when an attribute changes on a phone call entity. The workflows are all stuck at waiting. These are a few details on the deployment:

    - CRM Front End: Server 08 R2, Dedicated Service Account, FQDN, CRM 4.0 Standard Rollup 6

    - SQL 2005 on separate box

    The async trace logs are getting this error every 5-20 secs which I suspect is the problem but don't know how to fix:

    [2010-08-05 15:04:48.7] Process:CrmAsyncService |Organization:b20cff92-a68a-df11-9b98-002481a80eb2 |Thread:   17 |Category: Platform.Async |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Error | AsyncOperationCommand.Execute
    >Exception while trying to execute AsyncOperationId: {A67C86EA-E9A1-40CE-AD63-97393760B85E} AsyncOperationType: 12 - System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy.CrmService.Execute(Request Request)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.SdkTypeProxyCrmServiceWrapper.Execute(Object request)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.DuplicateDetectionCacheLoader.LoadCacheData(Guid key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.CreateEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.LookupEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.PersistMatchCodeOperation.InternalExecute(AsyncEvent asyncEvent)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.AsyncOperationCommand.Execute(AsyncEvent asyncEvent)

    I guess this is something to do with the fact I have changed the implementation to use a FQDN but as far as I am aware I took all the necessary steps. Does anybody know how I can resolve this problem?

    Thursday, August 5, 2010 3:22 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

     

    You might be facing a known issue with the DeployentProperties table values. I assume that, because you said you changed the deployment to IFD. The table still holds the values pointing to CRM without the full URL. You may try to use the trick from my post (it's in Polish, but the SQL update is in english ;) ): http://crmblog.pl/2008/10/23/twoj-workflow-czeka-na-zasoby-konfiguracja-klienta-outlook-sie-nie-udaje/ to set the values in the DeploymentProperties properly - this should solve your issue. Just run the update and set your server name as the new value.

     

    Let us kno whether that helped.

    Kind regards,

    Kuba


    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, August 5, 2010 9:01 PM
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 6:15 PM