Javascript - Trying to hide section containing a subgrid when the subgrid has no values RRS feed

• Question

• I have a subgrid in a section. If there are no values in the subgrid, then I want to hide the whole section.

I'm having trouble checking if there are values in the subgrid. I think it might be something to do with the fact that subgrids load asynchronously, is that correct?? I found some code online, which I'm calling in the form onLoad:

vs_scc_student_OnLoad= function() {

// If no data in subgrid, hide it
    var test = Xrm.Page.ui.controls.get('PastSupports')._control.get_innerControl().get_allRecords();
    alert(test);
    }

I just put in the alert to see what would come back. I don't expect there to be values in there, maybe just the object type...it's not important, I just wanted to see if anything would be returned.

When I load my form, I get the following error:

unable to get property 'get_allRecords' of undefined or null reference

How do I ensure that the subgrid is fully loaded before this code is called (if that is indeed what the problem is)?

All I need is the count of the number of records, or just to know if at least 1 is being returned. If it's 0, then I need ot hide the whole section that contains the subgrid.

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:08 AM

All replies