Question about Folder Duplication... RRS feed

• Question

• Im sure this has already been answered elsewhere, but my initial searching didnt turn up anything, so please feel free to refer me to a post if it has.

I currently have two hard drives in my WHS - 1-120GB and 1-300GB.  I realize Folder Duplication works by essentially making a hidden copy of your folder on another drive.

My question is lets say Ive got more than 120GB of data... how does WHS determine where the copies should be stored since I obviously dont have enough room to duplicate it all on a second drive?

Thanks!

Sunday, April 29, 2007 9:02 PM

Answers

• If you have more data marked for duplication than you have space available to support that feature, then you should start seeing network health notifications and "Duplication failing" events in the event logs. And, obviously, some files won't be duplicated.
    Monday, April 30, 2007 12:40 AM

All replies

• I haven't put enough data in my shared folders to try this, but your supposed to get message in you network status that would be reported in the whs console and shown in status messages on the clients by the whs icon changing colors.

Likewise, if you remove your 300 gb drive and there wasn't enough room to move the data to you 120 gb drive you would recieve a warning in the drive removal wizard.

Sunday, April 29, 2007 10:35 PM
  • If you have more data marked for duplication than you have space available to support that feature, then you should start seeing network health notifications and "Duplication failing" events in the event logs. And, obviously, some files won't be duplicated.
    Monday, April 30, 2007 12:40 AM