Can I amend the username and password on PC without losing files in current user name? RRS feed

• Question

• I am self employed, and recently purchased a Dell laptop to use specifically for my work with one particular organisation. When I set up the laptop, I created a Microsoft identity using my personal yahoo email address. This is the address I log into the laptop with. Microsoft Outlook, however, has been set up using my work email address (domain belonging to the organisation I work for).

The business email has already been synced with the iphone, but only as a Mail account (an IMAP account) and so doesn't bring across the calendar. I have recently tried to sync the Outlook calendar to my iphone (selecting an Outlook account within iphone settings), but it won't recognise the business email address because my Microsoft identity is my yahoo account. th 

I'm wondering whether I have to change the PC login to get the iphone and PC to sync? Or if there is an easier way to get the iphone to recognise the business email address and its associated calendar? If I change the login, will I lose all the folder contents from the yahoo login? 

Not overly techy as you can probably tell and I suspect I've made a mess of things, so any advice would be appreciated. 

• Moved by Victoria Xia Monday, May 29, 2017 2:33 AM Off topic
    Sunday, May 28, 2017 10:31 AM

Answers