CRM 4.0 - Marketing list members & Opportunity Potential Customer RRS feed

• Question

• Are Marketing List members and the Potential Customer on an Opportunity limited to Accounts or Contacts?

I want to create custom entities that are essentially  Account relationship types (ie. Investor, Deal Company) but I need to include them on Marketing Lists and Opportunities.  Each of these "entities" represents a potential Sales Opportunity for a custom entity call "FUND" and will have it's own Pipeline reporting.

From what I can tell, if I create custom entities for each, I can't add them to Marketing Lists or create Opportunities for them.  Is this correct? 

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 9:15 PM

Answers

• That's correct. The only thing you can add to marketing lists are Accounts, Contacts and Leads. You may want to consider using Accounts and distinguishing with an Account 'Type'.

Leon Tribe
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:52 AM
  • You can set up different views based on the accout type, that's about it If the user is creating the opportunity from the account, you can use mapping to bring the type across from the account if you're not already doing this. You can also use workflow on the opportunity creation to bring it across.

Leon Tribe

Want to hear me riff on about all things CRM? Check out my blog

http://leontribe.blogspot.com/
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 8:24 PM

All replies

• That's correct. The only thing you can add to marketing lists are Accounts, Contacts and Leads. You may want to consider using Accounts and distinguishing with an Account 'Type'.

Leon Tribe
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:52 AM
  • Leon,

That is exactly what I'm doing, thanks! 

Does the same hold true for Opportunities?  I've created Oppotunity types for each of the Account types, which have different Sales Stages.

Is there a way via navigation to make each of these Account types look like separate entities?

Thanks,

Karen

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 4:55 PM
  • You can set up different views based on the accout type, that's about it If the user is creating the opportunity from the account, you can use mapping to bring the type across from the account if you're not already doing this. You can also use workflow on the opportunity creation to bring it across.

Leon Tribe

Want to hear me riff on about all things CRM? Check out my blog

http://leontribe.blogspot.com/
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 8:24 PM