Data Migration Wizard RRS feed

• Question

•  

How do you import account and contact while they have reference to each other and import gives error:

The lookup reference could not be resolved.

Thanks

Saturday, July 19, 2008 12:01 AM

Answers

• There are two main versions--a perpetual license for on-going imports and integrations and a sixty day license for a one-time migration. 

I don't sell it, so I'm not sure on the current cost.  Recommend that you contact Scribe (www.scribesoft.com).  They have a trial version that you can download as well.

Monday, July 21, 2008 10:59 AM

All replies

• You may want to consider using Scribe insight (www.scribesoft.com) in cases where you have a large number of accounts with contacts, or if you have multiple accounts with the same name.  Scribe lets you configure the import steps and define the lookup criteria much more effectively than the DMM.

Saturday, July 19, 2008 11:22 AM
  • The client import tool has real trouble matching up the links between tables. The workaround is to use the automap feature, that is, have CRM automatically map the source and target fields automatically. To have this kick in, make sure the headings in your source file EXACTLY match the labels on the CRM forms. You'll know if it is working because when you select the entity, you will not need to select a data map and 'automatic' will appear in the box. With automapping, the link between contact and accounts works without drama.

So the process would be import your accounts, fix up the contact source file such that the headings exactly match the form labels and then import the contacts.

Leon Tribe
    Monday, July 21, 2008 12:41 AM
  • Are you refering to the Data Migration Wizard on CRM 4.0 ?

How is it possible to import accounts while they have reference to contacts that have not been imported yet?

Thanks

Monday, July 21, 2008 3:17 AM
  • What is the cost of the Scribe software?

Monday, July 21, 2008 3:18 AM
  • There are two main versions--a perpetual license for on-going imports and integrations and a sixty day license for a one-time migration. 

I don't sell it, so I'm not sure on the current cost.  Recommend that you contact Scribe (www.scribesoft.com).  They have a trial version that you can download as well.

Monday, July 21, 2008 10:59 AM
  • You can't. I assumed you were linking contacts to accounts. In this case import the contacts first and then adjust the account source file headings.

Leon Tribe
    Monday, July 21, 2008 11:03 AM
  • Thank you for your help :-)

Monday, July 21, 2008 3:48 PM