When I try to access my <your address>.homeserver.com remotely it directs me to my home router logon page? RRS feed

• Question

•  

When I try to access my <your address>.homeserver.com remotely it directs me to my home router logon page?

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 10:05 AM

Answers

• You used the wrong IP address when you signed on for your homserver address, I'm guessing you might've used the address of your router on the LAN side instead of the WAN side external IP address.

duffy975 wrote:

When I try to access my <your address>.homeserver.com remotely it directs me to my home router logon page?

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 8:44 PM
  • I thought the .homeserver.com was fairly automated. Have you tried configuring port forwarding yourself to get port 80 and 443 to the WHS machine?
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:49 PM
  •  duffy975 wrote:

Turn of remote management on your router (which, generally, is a good idea anyways, from a security standpoint.)
    And, like the other posters said, make sure that you've forwarded ports 80 and 443 (both TCP) to your WHS's IP address.

Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:37 AM

All replies

• You used the wrong IP address when you signed on for your homserver address, I'm guessing you might've used the address of your router on the LAN side instead of the WAN side external IP address.

duffy975 wrote:

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 8:44 PM
  • I thought the .homeserver.com was fairly automated. Have you tried configuring port forwarding yourself to get port 80 and 443 to the WHS machine?
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:49 PM
  •  duffy975 wrote:

Turn of remote management on your router (which, generally, is a good idea anyways, from a security standpoint.)
    And, like the other posters said, make sure that you've forwarded ports 80 and 443 (both TCP) to your WHS's IP address.

Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:37 AM
  • Thanks for taking the time to comment, you were spot on! Once I found and removed this future it worked! But now I get a message when I log in via WAN that “This web site is unsafe” a certificate issue I think.

Thanks again, for your time

Chris

Friday, April 18, 2008 8:52 AM
  • This issue was corrected with an update several months ago.
    Have you updated your WHS, and re-run domain setup afterwards (you would have been directed to do so with the update)?

Friday, April 18, 2008 11:06 PM