Failed to send health notifications to the MCU factory RRS feed

• Question

• I have all the OCS services started except the Front-End service. When the Front-End service tries to start, the following error is logged in Event Viewer.

The process AVMCUSvc(584) failed to send health notifications to the MCU factory at https://pool01.<domain name>.internal:444/LiveServer/MCUFactory/.

Failure occurrences: 4924, since 3/26/2007 12:02:33 AM.

I'm not sure what is suppose to be running on port 444 but there is definitely nothing is IIS that is running on that port.

Any help with getting this service to start would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Craig Huck

Integrita Systems

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 6:32 AM

Answers

• OK - so you are running the EE version of OCS it sounds like...so you are going to need a cert with the pool name and the server name. It must also match your DNS namespace. You may also attach SANs to the cert if needed (see below copied form the EE deployment paper).

1.       On the Your Server’s Subject Name page, do the following:

·         In Subject Name, verify that the pool FQDN is displayed.

·         Optionally, click Subject Alternate Name, and then type the alternate name(s) that identify the pool during authentication.

Note

There are several scenarios that require you to configure a certificate Subject Alternate Name:

§   If your SIP domain is different from the Active Directory domain, add the FQDN of the SIP domain as the Subject Alternate Name.

§   If the internal FQDN that you plan to use for the Web Components Server is different from the external FQDN and you plan to configure the reverse proxy in the perimeter network for tunneling, add the external FQDN as the Subject Alternate Name.

·         To include the local computer name on the list of alternate names that identify the pool during authentication, select the Automatically add local machine name to the Subject Alt Name check box.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:58 PM

All replies

• Port 444 is referring to the Live Meeting and the A/V MCU. The factory is the scheduling service on the main OCS server who ensures there are available 'slots' for scheduling. Are all of your OCS services running? I would check to make sure all have started. I would also suggest rebooting the server and checking the event log for warnings and errors.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:27 PM
  • Like I stated above I don't have all the OCS services started. The OCS Front-End service has never started. I have rebooted both the remote SQL 2005 server and the OCS server and no luck.

I've tried certificates based on pool01.<domain name>.internal, ocs.<domain name>.internal, and <server name>.<domain name>.internal but the problem is still the same.

When the services are started through the OCS installation wizard, the following error is listed to the right of the Front-End service.

Failure [0xC3EC79E8] One or more errors occurred while starting services. Please see individual service for more information.

All other services start properly and nothing other than what I previously posted is logged in the Event Viewer. Are there other logs to look at? [0xC3EC79E8] seems to be a common error message and I wish there was a better description than what is given. Wink

Any clues?

Craig Huck

Integrita Systems

Thursday, March 29, 2007 5:50 AM
  • OK - so you are running the EE version of OCS it sounds like...so you are going to need a cert with the pool name and the server name. It must also match your DNS namespace. You may also attach SANs to the cert if needed (see below copied form the EE deployment paper).

1.       On the Your Server’s Subject Name page, do the following:

·         In Subject Name, verify that the pool FQDN is displayed.

·         Optionally, click Subject Alternate Name, and then type the alternate name(s) that identify the pool during authentication.

Note

There are several scenarios that require you to configure a certificate Subject Alternate Name:

§   If your SIP domain is different from the Active Directory domain, add the FQDN of the SIP domain as the Subject Alternate Name.

§   If the internal FQDN that you plan to use for the Web Components Server is different from the external FQDN and you plan to configure the reverse proxy in the perimeter network for tunneling, add the external FQDN as the Subject Alternate Name.

·         To include the local computer name on the list of alternate names that identify the pool during authentication, select the Automatically add local machine name to the Subject Alt Name check box.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:58 PM
  • Hi Craig,

Can you let us know the status of your issue? Did you figure out a solution? Would you share it with the forum? If not, please let us know ASAP.

Thanks!

Friday, April 13, 2007 5:50 AM
  • Due to the lack of response to this post, this post has been locked and marked as abandoned. Please start a new thread if you have a similar issue.
    Monday, May 7, 2007 9:20 PM