Is it possible to restrict\modify CLI using OCS R2 with direct SIP Trunk from an ITSP? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I have an OCSR2 environment with a SIP Trunk from an ITSP into my Mediation server. Inbound and outbound calls are possible.
    I have a pool of E.164 numbers to test with, when I assign an E.164 number to a user as Line URI then that user is able to make outbound calls. The problem is that I would like to mask the displayed CLI to the called party to represent a global company number.

I am unable to use the same Line URI number to more than one user.
    If I don't assign a Line URI number to the user then the user is no longer able to make calls as the FROM field changes to SIP:<username>@<OCS pool> whereas with the Line URI the field is SIP:<E.164 No>@<Mediation server FQDN>. This is another mystery to me.

Does anyone understand why the FROM field changes or how I could manipulate this to display a global number?

Regards,
    Paul 
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:44 AM

All replies

• This might look like insignificant issue, but is a BIG one. A standard (economy) VoIP trunk consist of BTN (Billing Telephone Number), number of concurrent channels and set of VDID (Virtual DID,) a dollar each. In this scenario, only BTN is tied to physical location which is present when 911 is dialed. If a VDID dials 911, the trunk provider's 911 center must supply the address as per BTN which increases the response time and is is charged per 911 call.

I appeal to Microsoft to seriously re-think the possibility of rewriting the CLI for some cases before someone goes "postal" and we get in trouble...

Drago

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 1:10 AM