Synch contacts with carkits RRS feed

• Question

• My suggestion relates to how contact details are synchronised with carkits manually and automatically - both via Bluetooth.

It is possible to select a single contact and to push it as a single object to car kits.  The end result is excellent - the name listed once, with each number detailed within it - like the contact in Outlook itself:

Andy Cullip

|_ Home

|_ Mobile

Using the auto-synch option, all contact numbers can be synchronised automatically with the same car kit, but each number is listed separately:

Andy Cullip Home

Andy Cullip Mobile

Of course with only a limited number of characters available on the carkit display you can imagine how longer names cannot easily be identified.

Since the fact that both methods are present proves that both are possible, can we please have the feature to automatically synchronise contacts, rather than creating a new phonebook entry per number?

I have a Parrot carkit and a WM5 SmartPhone, though I am led to believe that this is standard functionality and hasn't changed in WM6...?

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 1:55 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the last post.  Have just upgraded to WM6.1 and it synchs with the Parrot "correctly" out of the box.

Of course, WM6.1 has it's own querks...!

Monday, September 22, 2008 12:28 PM

All replies

• Could you tells us what device are you using? Also which Mobile Operator.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 5:03 AM
  • Sure,  I have an Orange SPV C600 phone, a Parrot CK3100 carkit and the Orange mobile network.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 1:19 PM
  • Not all Windows Mobile devices ship with the Microsoft Bluetooth software on them. Some Mobile Operators decide to ship a third party Bluetooth sofware. I was not able to verify if your phone uses the Microsoft Bluetooth or not.

The Parrot CK3100 doesn't support the Phone Book Address Profile (PBAP). Currently we don't support the Phone Book Address Profile (PBAP)  either. This profile has become almost the standard for several car kits. The scenario that you mention could be resolved by both (carkit and phone) supporting PBAP. We will keep in mind your suggestions for future releases.

We appriate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our products. So please keep that feedback coming.

Thanks,

Thursday, September 27, 2007 5:42 PM
  • Many thanks for this information.  I have contacted Orange and Parrot and invited them to join this thread as I feel that this would be a superb solution to offer.

Do you have any indication as to when/if the MS Bluetooth software will support this profile?  I am sure that if it becomes available from yourselves then phones and carkits will quickly follow suit.

Friday, September 28, 2007 9:26 AM
  • I can't comment on future releases but let me assure you that we are always looking into ways to improve Windows Mobile.

Saturday, September 29, 2007 5:48 AM
  • It's been a while since I originally posted this thread and I've now updated to a WM6 phone - the HTC TYTN 2.  Same result with the Parrot CK3100 though.

My good lady's HTC Touch Dual, also WM6, also synch's with one contact per number.

Does WM6 support the required profile?

Friday, April 4, 2008 4:02 PM
  • No, WM6 does not have PBAP support.  This profile is only available on WM6.1.

Sunday, May 18, 2008 10:04 AM
  • Thanks for the last post.  Have just upgraded to WM6.1 and it synchs with the Parrot "correctly" out of the box.

Of course, WM6.1 has it's own querks...!

Monday, September 22, 2008 12:28 PM