CRM 2013: Order with manual price and no products? RRS feed

• Question

• We use Dynamics to track opportunities and then orders.  Orders to us though are service orders submitted to our vendor, so we aren't invoicing or anything like that.  We don't add products to Opportunities since we sell solutions and its a wasted step, so we always use User Provided price in Opportunitiy, and make it a price.  I'm trying to use the Orders module to track orders instead of doing it in Opportunity since with dynamics closing an opp as won locks it for editing unlike we could do with Salesforce.

The problem is when I create an order, the amount is always $0 since there's no products.  Is there no way to unlock the amount field under order and just make it a value that I want?  We are just using the orders module to track submitted orders to our vendor.

If not would it make sense then to just make a new custom field for Amount and copy that from the Opp?  

Sunday, April 13, 2014 4:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can't do that even if you will be able to set some value crm will overwrite this value so better to create a custom field and use that for your requirement.

HTH

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Marked as answer by Lee A Moreau Monday, April 14, 2014 12:38 PM
    Monday, April 14, 2014 2:32 AM
  • one way to achieve this automatically add dummy order product as soon as your order is created, this can be achieved easily using plug in or custom workflow.

once you have got order product you can change the price and it will automatically reflected on order.

if you do not want open new screen you can even add editable grid in CRM 2013 order screen so that you can edit this with this in Order form, please refer following example for this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10EFVjm5FG4

Hope this helps..

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Monday, April 14, 2014 11:43 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

You can't do that even if you will be able to set some value crm will overwrite this value so better to create a custom field and use that for your requirement.

HTH

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Monday, April 14, 2014 2:32 AM
  • one way to achieve this automatically add dummy order product as soon as your order is created, this can be achieved easily using plug in or custom workflow.

once you have got order product you can change the price and it will automatically reflected on order.

if you do not want open new screen you can even add editable grid in CRM 2013 order screen so that you can edit this with this in Order form, please refer following example for this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10EFVjm5FG4

Hope this helps..

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Monday, April 14, 2014 11:43 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks everyone I just added a custom field which I think will work fine for what we need.
    Monday, April 14, 2014 12:39 PM