Unwanted browsing history in Money 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone tell me please, if it's possible and if so, how to remove unwanted browsing history from the Money 2005 drop down browsing menu?
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:37 PM

All replies

• In Regedit, navigate to

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Money\14.0\URLHist]

Delete the data that you don't want.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:59 PM
  • How do you do that?

I've tried several times, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. I click on the unwanted entry in the history list and when it pops up into the browser window, I right click on it to get the menu for copy, cut, delete etc. Then, when I click the delete option, the entry is deleted from the browser window only, but remains in the history list.

Can anyone tell me please, if incorrect entries can be removed from the history list?

Friday, July 22, 2011 3:17 AM
  • I think you meant to ask what Regedit is. It is not part of Money, but rather it is part of Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/136393

Friday, July 22, 2011 4:27 AM
  • Now I am confused. Although I don't know what Regedit is, I don't think I meant to ask about it. I'm talking about the browser window in Money 2005. The one you use to go from Money to other Sites, whilst remaining logged in to Money and I'm trying to remove incorrect entries from its Address field.
    Friday, July 22, 2011 10:37 PM
  • Check your friends. Find one who knows how to use regedit to help you with this.
    Friday, July 22, 2011 10:43 PM
  • Right click on the address in the browser and select Delete.
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 6:16 AM
  • Thanks DominicP.

I've done that several times, but the unwanted entry remains in the Address field (drop down history). I'm trying to remove it from there i.e. clear the drop down history list. I've been asking if that's possible or not, but nobody seems to know.

Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:14 PM
  • As you describe it, that's clearly possible. That was the objective that I understood you to be seeking from the beginning.

But if you define your question to ask if you can blank the URLs in the Money drop-down list without modifying the registry (as an operation within Money itself), I think that that is not possible.

Regedit is the tool to modify the registry. Yes, you could screw things up with regedit, but that is unlikely. But it would still be better to ask your friend who has more practice with Windows system operations to help with something that you find uncomfortable.

Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:40 PM