How to use contract for development services RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

We have a customer who would like to work with us with a so called Retainer Agreement.
    The idea is that we agreed with customer about a default montly fee.
    Then at end of the month we charge the customer
    In case we work less than agreed working days /month we will charge our customer with real working days.

We would like to use the contract approach in CRM online to build this but have no idea in which way I should settle this.

First we will need the customer to sign the contract
    Then montly we should send him invoice based on real working hours

Does CRM contract could match with this type of contract ? We ill essentially charge working hours

Is there a way to automatically automise the sending of invoice for that contract type

Thnaks for help and advise or other suitable solution

regards

Saturday, August 9, 2014 12:09 PM

All replies

• So there is an "hours worked" contract in the system.  This isn't something for your customer to sign, you'll need to do that differently, but it is a way to express your agreement in CRM so you can work against it.  Once you execute the details of an Hours Worked contract, you can associate Cases to the hours worked to track time worked on the Contract.

Invoicing, if I recall (I'm rusty on invoicing from contract) is something you can do from the Contract page.

It might be easier just to make a custom entity called "Time tracking" and roll a report off that, all told.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Monday, August 11, 2014 9:40 PM
  • Hello Wayne , thanks for your reply but did not catch your idea exactly.

Let me clarify.

First of all, I would like to associate a kind of contract hours to my account for wich I will send a monthly invoice based on monthly working hours.

So I have 2 things to go through first :

- Creation of contract and attached to customer account

- Tracking of monthly working hours in order to be able to send a billing based on our dayly working rate

How should I proceed ?

If you have step by step guide that will help me to catch your path

regards

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 7:43 AM
  • So Hours worked is a kind of Contract Template in CRM. Once you execute an Hours Contract on your customer, you can start Cases against that Contract and track the number of hours.  Then, you can Invoice against the Contract on a monthly basis and it will grab those hours.

That is just the out-of-the-box way to handle simple hours tracking in CRM.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 3:35 PM
  • CRM contract in fact for our case is a kind of service contract but instead of charging for technical support, we are charging about service hours task per month.

Do you know a good link on how to setup this ?

regards

• Edited by wakefun Tuesday, August 12, 2014 3:47 PM
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 3:47 PM
  • I'm not sure how that's technically different, that just sounds like you need to have a specific case type around service hours.

If that's not a good solution, you could also look at ProRM for Dynamics CRM.  They have all kinds of tools around project management, hours tracking, and billing in CRM.  They might be more than you need, but it also should give you ideas around how will work best to you.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 3:51 PM