CRM Table Data and Structure RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a table in MS CRM 2011 that we use to add individual rows to; for example when entering a contact, the left navigation within contact allows you to select a related item, this item allows you to add multiple values by clicking add existing value from the top navigation.

I need to figure out what the Primary Key values are in relation to the text that displays for an integration project, would anyone be able to advise how to export the data and data structure for that item - I looked in the actual SQL database but say only a GUID - surely that cannot be the actual ID?

Any help would be great thanks.

Monday, April 7, 2014 9:41 AM

All replies

• That is the actualy ID. GUID is used for all relationships.

There is a stringmap table for CRM 2011 that is used for translating that GUID into something readable. For this the GUID is translated into the primary field of the related table.

Rune Daub Senior Consultant - Dynateam CRM http://www.dynateam.dk

• Proposed as answer by RuneDaub Monday, April 7, 2014 12:18 PM
    Monday, April 7, 2014 12:17 PM
  • CRM uses a GUID to identify a record. You can also refer to the ER diagrams of OOB CRM to get an understanding of the db schema.

In your case when you are using the add existing button, you are effectively adding data to the record's contact lookup.

If an entity is related using a N:1 relationship with contact then, Contact ID (GUID & PKey for Contact) is mapped to the contact lookup field of the entity.

If the entity is related with a N:N relationship then you will need to query the intersect entity that stores the association.

Query the filteredviews instead of tables so that you don't have to look at stringmap (for picklists) or the base/extension base tables for various fields.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Monday, April 7, 2014 1:32 PM
    Monday, April 7, 2014 1:31 PM