Lost rankings in MSN RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason recently I have lost my rankings in msn for my site www.cirquelodge.com I am a new user of the tools. I have not found anything in the tools that would explain my drop in rankings. I still maintain good rankings in Yahoo and Google. What is different about MSN? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Friday, September 5, 2008 5:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Each time we update the index, previous relevance rankings are revised. Therefore, you may notice a shift in your website’s ranking as new sites are added and others become obsolete.

Although you can't directly change your website’s ranking, you can optimize its design and technical implementation to enable appropriate ranking by most search engines. For information about improving your website's ranking, see Guidelines for successful indexing.   Most website owners can see some improvements by doing basic white hat SEO. I recommend ensuring that:

1. You have great content. 
    2. Get your content noticed

Ensure that you are not doing any of the following:

• Attempting to increase a page's keyword density by add lots of irrelevant words. This includes stuffing ALT tags that users are unlikely to view.
    • Using hidden text or links. Only use text and links that are visible to users.
    • Using techniques, such as link farms, to artificially increase the number of links to your page.

Often when sites are having problems it is related to something above, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 4:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you clarify the rankings drop?  Do you mean the Page Score in the Summary section of the Webmaster Tools?  Or do you mean a drop in where your website stands on search for key words?

If it's a search drop you're referring to, for which key words has your site dropped - what was it's position and what is it now?

Thanks...Duane

Sunday, September 7, 2008 7:33 PM
  • I ranked in the top five for the keyword "drug rehab" for about 2 years.

Now I don't show up in the top 100

???????????????????????

Monday, September 8, 2008 3:35 PM
  • I did a search on "drug rehab", and your website showed up at

# 6 in Google

# 111 in Yahoo!

# 15 in Live

I'm doing my search from an IP in Canada, but requesting worldwide results.

... Duane

Monday, September 8, 2008 5:34 PM
  • Hi,

Each time we update the index, previous relevance rankings are revised. Therefore, you may notice a shift in your website’s ranking as new sites are added and others become obsolete.

Although you can't directly change your website’s ranking, you can optimize its design and technical implementation to enable appropriate ranking by most search engines. For information about improving your website's ranking, see Guidelines for successful indexing.   Most website owners can see some improvements by doing basic white hat SEO. I recommend ensuring that:

1. You have great content. 
    2. Get your content noticed

Ensure that you are not doing any of the following:

• Attempting to increase a page's keyword density by add lots of irrelevant words. This includes stuffing ALT tags that users are unlikely to view.
    • Using hidden text or links. Only use text and links that are visible to users.
    • Using techniques, such as link farms, to artificially increase the number of links to your page.

Often when sites are having problems it is related to something above, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 4:51 PM