SQL query to fetch Related Contacts of an Account of M:M relationships in CRM 2011 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

how can i fetch related Contacts of a Perticular Account in SSRS Report of having M:M relationships.?

I have created Account Detail Report in which i am showing my all Account details in one Table through FilteredAccount table..

Now i want to fetch its related Contacts in the same table.

So can anyone help me in SQL query for this ?

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, August 26, 2013 9:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Join in the intersect table. The name of the intersect table can be found in the "Relationship Entity Name" field of the N:N relationship form. The SQL will be something like:

SELECT c.contactid, c.firstname, c.lastname
    FROM FilteredContact c
    INNER JOIN Filterednew_account_contact ac ON c.contactid = ac.contactid --Replace Filterednew_account_contact with your relationship intersect name
    WHERE ac.accountid = @accountid

Michael Palmer
    xRMPalmer     @MJFPalmer     Rockstar365

• Marked as answer by DynamicsCRM31 Friday, September 6, 2013 7:34 AM
    Monday, August 26, 2013 12:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Join in the intersect table. The name of the intersect table can be found in the "Relationship Entity Name" field of the N:N relationship form. The SQL will be something like:

SELECT c.contactid, c.firstname, c.lastname
    FROM FilteredContact c
    INNER JOIN Filterednew_account_contact ac ON c.contactid = ac.contactid --Replace Filterednew_account_contact with your relationship intersect name
    WHERE ac.accountid = @accountid

Michael Palmer
    xRMPalmer     @MJFPalmer     Rockstar365

• Marked as answer by DynamicsCRM31 Friday, September 6, 2013 7:34 AM
    Monday, August 26, 2013 12:46 PM
  • Can you provide me the same query combined with FilteredAccount,

so that i can put that query in one single table and can get Accounts and Contacts in one table.

Otherwise it would become cumbersome to handle 2 tables in grouping.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:59 AM
  • Hi

you can use FetchXML query

<fetch distinct="false" no-lock="false" mapping="logical">

<entity name="account" enableprefiltering="1" prefilterparametername="CRM_FilteredAccount">

<attribute name="name" alias="name" /><attribute name="accountnumber" alias="accountnumber" />

<attribute name="accountid" />

<link-entity name="contact" to="accountid" from="parentcustomerid" link-type="outer" alias="contact1" enableprefiltering="1" prefilterparametername="CRM_FilteredContact">

<attribute name="fullname" alias="contact1_fullname" />

<attribute name="telephone1" alias="contact1_telephone1" /><attribute name="contactid" /></link-entity></entity></fetch>

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:06 PM
  • You can use UNION Operation with same field names between sql statements like:-

SELECT City FROM FilteredAccount

UNION
    SELECT City FROM FilteredContact

ORDER BY City;

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:07 PM