Hide / show columns with conditioned options (yes/ no) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have created a form with 14 colums. Out of which last 3 columns needs to show up only column 11 is yes; or else I like those to be hidden.

It would be great if I can get through it with conditional formatting in colums with calculated formula conditioning

Thanks

DMlv

• Edited by Lavish0610 Wednesday, March 19, 2014 6:45 PM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 6:36 PM

All replies

• Hi DMlv,

Do you mean you've created a "View" with 14 columns? If that is correct, then there's no way to conditionally hide View columns based on a particular column value.

Think of a situation where you have 20 records and 10 of them qualify for the last 3 columns to be shown while the others don't. How to plan to show them altogether then? This is the reason why it's not available.

What you could do, is design two separate Views, apply filter criteria for column 11 value and have the last 3 columns displayed/not displayed in those separate views accordingly.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 7:04 PM
  • If you have information that is not relevant for all records you could add this information to the name field to allow visibility in the list view without having lots of additional columns.

Using N52's formula manager would allow you to create a calculated name field that includes the optional information - http://support.north52.com/

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:05 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi there,

I think I should have been much clearer in my question.

The condition I'm looking for in a new form display {NewForm.aspx) not in the views. 

Hoping I could hide the remaing 3 questions [columns] based on the response on the 11th conditioned question [or 11th column] and continue to finish the rest without going for a whole new different form and all the datas can be stored in the same library and we can sort and filter to show up in different views.

Guessing I have explained much better now and will have some solid way to go through it.

Thanks

DMlv

Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:04 PM
  • It seems you are created survey like form.

and want to hide/show fields based on answer other question.

To do so make use javascript or bussiness rule in crm 2013.

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Friday, March 21, 2014 5:14 AM
  • Hi Lavish,

You have to use Javascript for CRM 2011. For it you are refer to this blog post.

And If you've to do it in CRM 2013 you must go for business rules. for this you are referred to this blog post.

Friday, March 21, 2014 6:16 AM