Stitching problem with ICE 2 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Very pleased with ICE v1. Cannot get ICE v2 to stitch together a single row of 18 portrait photographs, which should be a very simple stitch.  Cannot find the right settings.  Any suggestions? 
    • Edited by dr_marvel Friday, February 6, 2015 3:15 AM
    Friday, February 6, 2015 2:56 AM

All replies

• If you'd like to upload your 18 photos to a public OneDrive folder and share the link to the folder here, I'd be happy to try them in both versions of ICE on my computers to see whether I get your results as well.

That way we can confirm that ICE 2 struggles with your dataset on all machines, rather than there being an ICE 2 bug which is specific to your installation.

As far as settings go, if it were me I would just start with 'New Panorama from Images' > Simple Panorama + Auto Detect Camera Motion > Stitch > Crop > Export in ICE 2.

Since I assume you tried that, again I'd like to try your photos in ICE 2 on my machines.

There is no effect without a cause.

Friday, February 6, 2015 7:02 AM
  • I happen to have a similar problem that Dr Marvel has. I am able to (after downloading the Visual C++ 2013 library for x64) launch ICE v2.02 but photos that I have been able to stitch via ICE v1.4 the program will simply refuse to stitch when trying to run the simple panorama stitch noting that none of the images overlap. When using the Structured Panorama setting, I find that it will run through the stitching of the images but I find I get a black image after the stitch. Also I have been noting that the program will show photos imported to be black tiles. I am using jpeg formatted files and I included a link to a public one drive file featuring images that I was able to stitch together using ICE 1.4 and the final product of that stitch. I am currently at a loss as to where to start to resolve this issue because I can't prove it is a bug with the ICE software.

( One drive url:  https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9CAAC3DA08DBA9E%21162)

Friday, February 13, 2015 11:16 PM