Non-English characters in Entities RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! We have our clients (ell IE7) and servers set to Windows-1250 and CRM accepts non-english characters just fine, unless the Account (for example) starts with a non-english character. Then the entity falls into a black hole - I guess it is in the database, just is not displayed anywhere. We use standard US English version, no localization. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

P.S. I just thought I'd mention, but I did search the web before posting here :)

Miha Vitorovič

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 1:26 PM

Answers

• Ok. Because it is not an english char you won't find it where you are expecting it to go. 
    Thats why you think it is not there. If you browse all the records in the view by going to Next page you will find it on one of the pages. 

You will find it if you search for it. By typing it in the search area.

H.
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 2:50 PM

All replies

• Intresting Problem.

>>Then the entity falls into a black hole. 
    I guess you mean you can't search for it. Have you tried copying the name of the company before you create it and then trying to search for it?

Can you paste some thing here so I can try to recreate it? 

H.

• Proposed as answer by Hassan Hussain Tuesday, February 24, 2009 2:44 PM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 1:41 PM
  • I have created an Account named "Četrta pot". Now that you mention it, I can search for it, but if I browse the Accounts view, it is nowhere to be found. BTW, in our alphabet the Č character is between C and D , and that Account is not there nor enywhere else in the list.

Thanks, Miha Vitorovič
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 1:55 PM
  • Ok. Because it is not an english char you won't find it where you are expecting it to go. 
    Thats why you think it is not there. If you browse all the records in the view by going to Next page you will find it on one of the pages. 

You will find it if you search for it. By typing it in the search area.

H.
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 2:50 PM
  • Tnx, I assumed (incorrectly), that Č will be handled specially, so either as in our alphabet, or as some special character appart from all the standard english characters, but it is in fact handled as a C, and I can find my "special" account as if it was spelled "cetrta pot". Thank you Hassan.
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 4:01 PM
  • As a work around you might start this account name with a blank which would then sort by the first character (blank) and the account would show at the beginning of the list.

Anne
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 9:08 PM