none
No points for downloading White Papers RRS feed

• Question

• I have donwloaded a lot of White papers, and have also rated them, but points are not awarded for either of them. Whats the solution?
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 12:32 AM

Answers

• you get points for downloding only 5 whitepapers every month.

About rating, email the admins.
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 4:24 AM
  • Thanks for the advice. Can anyone tell me how to contact the admin?
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 11:10 AM
  • Thanks for correcting me Yogesh, I didn;t realize the typing mistake i made Wink

To make it clear for you guys who are still having problems :

• White Papers / Knowledge Base:
      1. Registered students can post maximum of 3 white papers / technical articles in a month. 40 points will be credited to your account at the end of the month for uploading white paper if your article is rated by minimum of 5 students and have an average rated value of 3.5 and above.
      2. You will get points for downloading a white paper also. You can download any number of white papers in a particular month. But you will get points for downloading 5 white papers, 5 points for each. For this point accrual will be online.
      3. You can also rate the articles. You will get 5 points at the end of the month, for each article rated by you provided that article is rated by minimum of 5 students and your rating matches average rating.

Saturday, May 5, 2007 4:36 PM
  • Thanks Harshil, you rock!!!
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 6:57 PM

All replies

• You dont keep getting points for every whitepaper you download.

You stop earning points after a couple of downloads, check the FAQ section.
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 4:05 AM
  • you get points for downloding only 5 whitepapers every month.

About rating, email the admins.
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 4:24 AM
  • Dear Friend,

Greetings, after your thread I have posted a thread named Post to Admin.

I have invited some friends to show their oppostion in joining hands which will be viewed by Admin.

Try that or else ask for some one to post admin's email id. That might be the solution for us.

Regards,

Saturday, May 5, 2007 8:11 AM
  • Thanks for the advice. Can anyone tell me how to contact the admin?
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 11:10 AM
  • if u are talking about april month point, then it is not added yet, i think it will add after someday.nomatter how many whitepaper u download and uploaded , the condition is 3 whiteappers uploade and download a month.
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 12:28 PM
  • @Arif - You can download max 3 whitepapers in a month, but you can download and rate any number of whitepapers in the month. There is no restriction in the number of whitepaper that you download or rate.

@Fredrik - The email id of the admins of student rockstar is stdrkstr@microsoft.com
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 1:58 PM
  •  Harshil_Patel_03b5f2 wrote:
    @Arif - You can download max 3 whitepapers in a month, but you can download and rate any number of whitepapers in the month. There is no restriction in the number of whitepaper that you download or rate.

@Fredrik - The email id of the admins of student rockstar is stdrkstr@microsoft.com

Hashil I think u made a mistake here in ur text,

A person Can upload max. 3 whitepapers (not download, downloading is unlimited , but pts. are for only 5 papers)

Saturday, May 5, 2007 3:37 PM
  • Thanks for correcting me Yogesh, I didn;t realize the typing mistake i made Wink

To make it clear for you guys who are still having problems :

• White Papers / Knowledge Base:
      1. Registered students can post maximum of 3 white papers / technical articles in a month. 40 points will be credited to your account at the end of the month for uploading white paper if your article is rated by minimum of 5 students and have an average rated value of 3.5 and above.
      2. You will get points for downloading a white paper also. You can download any number of white papers in a particular month. But you will get points for downloading 5 white papers, 5 points for each. For this point accrual will be online.
      3. You can also rate the articles. You will get 5 points at the end of the month, for each article rated by you provided that article is rated by minimum of 5 students and your rating matches average rating.

Saturday, May 5, 2007 4:36 PM
  • Thanks Harshil, you rock!!!
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 6:57 PM