Workflow not running correctly when assigning emails between queues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Currently I have set up several queues in CRM, one of which accepts incoming emails attached to an exchange mailbox.

Emails are coming in fine and showing up in the queue, owned by a particular generic user on AD that was created.

I have also a workflow in place where it would trigger when the emails were converted into Cases.  The workflow would then try to assign the email from the first queue and move it to the second queue.  This workflow is also owned by the same generic user on CRM.

One thing I noticed was that the workflow would copy the email to the new queue, but leaving the same email in the old queue.  However, once I have changed the owner of the workflow to another CRM user, the email would be removed from the old queue (desired result).  We have also another instance of CRM on another server which is not experiencing this behaviour.

Has this happened to anyone else?  And what can I do to fix this?
    Monday, April 6, 2009 4:25 PM

Answers

• Between the two instances that are behaving differently, does your rollup level differ?  I've heard of some changes in queue behavior with rollup 3.
    You said that changing the ownership of the workflow to a different user made the process work as desired.  Is that not a workable solution? 
    Sounds like it may be something with your generic CRM user.  Is this user's security role the same as the user in the other environment?

Thursday, April 9, 2009 10:45 AM
  • Don't think that there are any changes to this behavior in rollup 3.  Accoring to the KB article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=961768
    There is just one change with queue behavior, and it has to do with emails in queues between users.

Monday, April 13, 2009 2:00 AM

All replies

• Between the two instances that are behaving differently, does your rollup level differ?  I've heard of some changes in queue behavior with rollup 3.
    You said that changing the ownership of the workflow to a different user made the process work as desired.  Is that not a workable solution? 
    Sounds like it may be something with your generic CRM user.  Is this user's security role the same as the user in the other environment?

Thursday, April 9, 2009 10:45 AM
  • Hi Joel,

Thanks for your reply.

After further investigation I have noticed that both instances of CRM are experiencing the same behaviour.  It turns out that the owner of the workflow must be different than the owner of the emails, otherwise the emails cannot be assigned from one queue to another.

I can set them to different owners, but I am just worried that there is an underlying issue with CRM that is causing this behaviour.  Both instances of CRM has the same rollup applied, although I think it is only rollup 2.  Any chance that Rollup 3 could potentially address this issue?
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 2:14 PM
  • Don't think that there are any changes to this behavior in rollup 3.  Accoring to the KB article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=961768
    There is just one change with queue behavior, and it has to do with emails in queues between users.

Monday, April 13, 2009 2:00 AM