none
Can't save Word document with spaces in filename to Sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hoping someone can help, as this is driving me crazy....

I have a computer at a client site that I'm experiencing issues with when trying to save a document to Sharepoint, via Word, when the filename contains spaces.  First of all, this is not happening on any other computer in the office.

Computer Details:

-Windows'XP SP3
    -Office 2007 Small Business Edition SP2

*Server is 2003 SBS Service Pack 2, with Sharepoint Services 3.0

Steps to recreate the issue:
    1. Either create a new document in Word or open a Word document from Sharepoint
    2. Do a "Save as" from Word and browse to a Shared Documents path via My Network Places (folder originally dragged from Sharepoint "Explorer View" to Network Places)
    3. Put spaces in the filename (Problem doesn't ocurr without spaces in the filename) and click save
    4. After 5-45 seconds, an error is returned stating "Word did not save the document" (Filename is shown with the spaces replaced by "%20"'s)

Things I've tried so far:
    -Reinstalled WebDAV (by running "webfldrs.msi"), selecting "Force all files to be reinstalled, regardless of checksum or version", "verify that required user registry entries are present", and "verify that required local machine registry entries are present" checkboxes.
    -Uninstalling WebDAV via "webfldrs.msi", rebooting, and reinstalling via "webfldrs.msi"
    -Repairing Office 2007

The strange thing is that I can create a document, save it to the desktop, and then upload the document (with spaces in the filename) to Sharepoint.  I can do this via the "Upload" button in Sharepoint or via the WebDAV mapped location in My Network Places.  The problem seems to be more related to saving from Word.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

Vishnu

• Moved by Mike Walsh FINModerator Wednesday, February 17, 2010 4:15 AM The SharePoint forums are not support forums for Small Business Server users. (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 11:33 PM

Answers