The auto collage isn't working! RRS feed

• Question

• I have a folde with the pics I want to use and when I open it in autocolllage, it starts but doesn't complete the process.......it will go for hours if I let it. I really needed it today and it won't work - sort of frustrating.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Patriciaf821,

The problem that you're describing is usually a symptom of having photo files with the "modified date" set in the future. Please see the workaround described below.

Thanks,
    Chris

Images with “Date modified” in the future

Customers using version 1.1 of AutoCollage will notice that this update will no longer lock files corresponding to the input images being shown by the application. As a consequence of this, before creating a new AutoCollage, the application will verify if the “Date modified” for each of the input images is more recent than the date/time when the file was last loaded. If that is the case, the input image is “refreshed”. A possible side-effect of this approach is that application may keep trying to refresh an input image that has the “Date modified” mistakenly set in the future. While uncommon, files with “Date modified” set in the future are at times created by the process to import a photo from a digital camera, mainly if the import process finishes with errors.

If you face a scenario in which AutoCollage is not finishing the process to create a collage, verify if any of the input files has a “Date modified” set in the future, by looking at the file properties (right-click the file and choose the menu item “Properties”). A file with this problem can be easily fixed by opening it in any common image editor and saving back over the original file (Microsoft Paint is available in most Windows environments, and will properly fix this issue).

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:00 AM