CRM and Marketing RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have any experience using Microsoft Dynamics CRM in a marketing department? Thank you.
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:28 PM

Answers

• As you said, the best entity for your purpose is to use opportunities. Actually, it is hard to find a template which covers all needs of everyone in this case. Here is two videos may help you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZtScn-wmpo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VH2By5sTwI

Below I explain some of our experiences about it:

Opportunities as you know are not customers yet. But to evaluate them you have two main fields: probability and estimated revenue. The probability is the expectation about the won of the opportunity and conversion to quote. The main difference of the opportunity and the quote is the revenue and the willing of the customer. The estimated revenue could be calculated according the line items of the opportunity. You have to create products and units first. Then based on them, create pricelists and pricelist items. After these you could use the products to add to opportunities. After you added probable products, the estimated value could be derived. Remember that an opportunity could be created for current customers or could be created from a lead. No difference in the future process!

You could set workflows to change state, assign opportunities or even sending emails. For example, you could set a workflow to change the state of the opportunity to lost, when one month passes from its creation and no changes have been made. About sending emails you could also define templates. You could use the reports on the sum of the time spent on an opportunity or some of estimated value of the opportunities based on their status change.

These are general experiences that I wrote here. If you have any other specific question you could ask.

If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:08 PM

All replies

• Yes. How could I help you?

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:34 PM
  • Thanks. I'd like to set up some processes which are centered around proposals for prospective clients. I am looking to accomplish two things: make the proposal process more automated, and to be able to track fees won/lost/pending.

I have done a little research on workflow processes and the Opportunity section, but I was wondering if you had some templates or tips on this process. Thanks again.

• Edited by JY85 Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:52 PM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:52 PM
  • As you said, the best entity for your purpose is to use opportunities. Actually, it is hard to find a template which covers all needs of everyone in this case. Here is two videos may help you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZtScn-wmpo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VH2By5sTwI

Below I explain some of our experiences about it:

Opportunities as you know are not customers yet. But to evaluate them you have two main fields: probability and estimated revenue. The probability is the expectation about the won of the opportunity and conversion to quote. The main difference of the opportunity and the quote is the revenue and the willing of the customer. The estimated revenue could be calculated according the line items of the opportunity. You have to create products and units first. Then based on them, create pricelists and pricelist items. After these you could use the products to add to opportunities. After you added probable products, the estimated value could be derived. Remember that an opportunity could be created for current customers or could be created from a lead. No difference in the future process!

You could set workflows to change state, assign opportunities or even sending emails. For example, you could set a workflow to change the state of the opportunity to lost, when one month passes from its creation and no changes have been made. About sending emails you could also define templates. You could use the reports on the sum of the time spent on an opportunity or some of estimated value of the opportunities based on their status change.

These are general experiences that I wrote here. If you have any other specific question you could ask.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:08 PM
  • Great info. Thank you!
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:29 PM
  • Him

Recently I have read some marketing strategies and I think they may help you. 

1 Optimize the app title and keywords. When people are looking for apps in app store, they prefer to search some keywords like shooting game, office software and etc. Optimize the title of your app’s title and description is the first thing you should do after you have developed your app.

Make an explainer video for your app. Making an explainer video is a very cost and effective app marketing strategy, because it constantly increase the conversion rate of your app. 70% of people prefer to purchase or download app after watched a video, they are also more satisfied than those who didn't. Because a video could give the user an effective preview of the app, to help they understand an app before they actually own it. There are many great app explainer video service providers such as Appgovideo.com, Appegges.com and etc.

3. Start a blog. This is free and quite effective as well. You may announce and update the news of your app, your company and your team in your blog and you will be able to build great publicity for your own organization. The reason is simple, every people love stories.

4. Submit press release.Entrepreneur Neil Patel says: "Press is the best way to kick start your startup, and the best way to get it is to manually reach out to journalists." There are some great free press release services as well, for example, Free-Press-Release.com and PRlog.

5. Limited-period free. If you developed a paid app, set it as free for a period of time will boost downloads of your app. Since there are a tons of apps deliver news of which app become free to users everyday. Those apps will help you gain huge publicity and awareness for your app.

6. Email newsletter. Reading email has become a major activity people do on their smartphones, you can collect users on your website and keep them updated with the news of your app with email newsletters

7. Social media. Think about how many people around of you usually spend hours a day on social networks like Facebook and Twitter, then you will know the huge potential of them for you to promote apps.

8. Contact bloggers. Many bloggers like to share great apps with readers in their blogs, you may contact them and introduce your app with sincerity.

9. Email signature. Put a link in the signature of your email, the link will useful for your contacts to know your app.

10. App review sites. Some app review sites like Appegges.com and 148apps.com have millions of visitors per month. A lot of people like to choose apps from those sites, and if your app was reviewed by those sites, it may gain more chances to be noticed and downloaded. 

Friday, November 8, 2013 8:29 AM