none
Missing Resources in Published Store RRS feed

• Question

• I have a rather strange problem with my Project Sever 2007!

I have a project in my projects center with 150 resources and 4500 activities. Around 130 of these resources have tasks assigned to them. In my deployment, each person is his/her own assignment owner, meaning he/she assigns new tasks to himself/herself in "My Tasks" page using "New Task" menu. A few weeks ago people reported that they cannot see the project in project combo box of the "New Task" page. Moreoover, they did not see their previously assigned tasks in their time sheet.

The first thing I checked was to open the project professional 2007 and check the resources. It was only 20 resources in the resource sheet view! (The 20 resources with no tasks assigned to them). 130 of the resources had gone missing, although the resources were present in the "Resource Center" of the project web access. Naturally I thought this must be a human error (I am not the only administrator) and restored the SQL server database (Draft and Published). Everything went OK till a few days ago when it happened again! This time I checked the Published database in SQL Server. There is table called "MSP_PROJECT_RESOURCES_SHADOW". My lost resources was there

and they have been deleted on 2012-01-23 09:18:48 (the morning of the day I found out about the second incident) for some reason which I don't know about.

This time I restored Draft database backup of the last night. Then I opened the project with Project Professional 2007. All resources were present. Then I published the project in a try to overwrite the published store. But this did not solve my problem. The resources all still missing. I tried to add a new resource to the project. It is added successfully and he can see the project in "New Task" page and his time sheet. 

The current situation:

The project in the draft store is fine. All the resources are present.

The project in the published store has missing resources. 

Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:37 AM

Answers

• Hi Buijan Daei,

what's your last update on your environment?

I've seen that in the last December CU (here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2596984), there's an issue manager related to unexpected deleted of resources.

In the KB article, you can check this:

• Project 2007 deletes resources from projects unexpectedly. Additionally, Project 2007 deletes the assignments that were assigned to the deleted resources.
    • When you delete a resource from a project in Project 2007, assignments that are assigned to other resources are deleted unexpectedly.

So, maybe you can try to apply the december CU in your environment in order to see if this unexpected behaviour is mitigate.

I hope this can helps you,

Best Regards,

Paolo O.

• Marked as answer by Bijan Daei Monday, January 30, 2012 7:48 AM
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Buijan Daei,

what's your last update on your environment?

I've seen that in the last December CU (here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2596984), there's an issue manager related to unexpected deleted of resources.

In the KB article, you can check this:

• Project 2007 deletes resources from projects unexpectedly. Additionally, Project 2007 deletes the assignments that were assigned to the deleted resources.
    • When you delete a resource from a project in Project 2007, assignments that are assigned to other resources are deleted unexpectedly.

So, maybe you can try to apply the december CU in your environment in order to see if this unexpected behaviour is mitigate.

I hope this can helps you,

Best Regards,

Paolo O.

• Marked as answer by Bijan Daei Monday, January 30, 2012 7:48 AM
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:01 PM
  • Thanks Paolo. That solved my problem. You're the best.
    Monday, January 30, 2012 8:06 AM