Calculate the Total of a Subset of Product Line Items in An Opportunity RRS feed

• Question

• Are you able to calculate the total of a subset of the Product Line Items within an Opportunity, as opposed to only being able to include the total amount? The total amount calculates automatically, however I am needing to create a custom calculation to drive Estimated Revenue, in which specific Product Line Items will be multiplied by the Contract Term, while other specific Product Line Items should be excluded from that calculation.

For example, if I have 3 Product Line Items in an Opportunity (A, B, and C)...I need to be able to calculate Estimate Revenue as ((A+C) x Contract Term) + B). Therefore, I want to be able to create two sub-totals of those line items (A+C) and B. I'll then write a business rule / custom calculation to multiply the sum of (A+C) by the Contract term, then add that to the amount of B to get a "customized" estimated revenue that only applies a multiplying factor to a subset of the Line Items. I'm just having difficult identifying a field / property on a Product Line items from which I can write that Business Logic.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 5:15 PM

All replies

• Hello Brandon,

You can use A+B as bundle, and create an yes/no property in product line that indicates to be calculated, then create an field that calculate checked products line * contract term and sum to total. Or use pricelist with especial unit to calculate price * contract term.

[MCP | MCSA Microsoft SQL Server 2012 | MCTS Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011]

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 5:30 PM
  • Hi Marcos,

Thanks for your response and idea. I created the new property at the Product Family level as a Yes / No. How would you refer to that field at the opportunity level calculation? I know how to multiply by the contract term...but wasn't able to determine how to pull the product-level property field into the calculation. Thanks again for your help!

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:49 PM