Two computers one user account???????? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible for me to have one of my user accounts the main account for two or three of my computers? ..... Does this make sence?
    What I have is about 5-6 computers on my WHS, a few don't really need user accounts but, I want to have 3-4 user accounts for family remote access so I would be over the 10 accounts.

So I would like to log on to computer #3 and have it connect to Computer #1's user account. Can I allow and restrict folder access to certin computers?

Thursday, February 5, 2009 7:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    this is well possible. As long as the user account created in the WHS console uses the same account name and the same password on the local machines, it is the same single user in the Windows Home Server context.
    (i.e. I have this user account Olaf on both my main PC and my Laptop and so both use the same permission set on the WHS shares)
    You can not restrict access to your shares for Computers, only for user accounts.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 7:39 PM
  • Thank you Olaf
    Troy in Canada
    • Marked as answer by Tboy99 Thursday, February 5, 2009 11:27 PM
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 11:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    this is well possible. As long as the user account created in the WHS console uses the same account name and the same password on the local machines, it is the same single user in the Windows Home Server context.
    (i.e. I have this user account Olaf on both my main PC and my Laptop and so both use the same permission set on the WHS shares)
    You can not restrict access to your shares for Computers, only for user accounts.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 7:39 PM
  • Thank you Olaf
    Troy in Canada
    • Marked as answer by Tboy99 Thursday, February 5, 2009 11:27 PM
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 11:27 PM