Adding middle name and suffix to Full Name Field RRS feed

• Question

• In the contact form, the Full Name field is populated only with First Name and Last Name. From the description of the Full Name fied ...

Combines and shows the contact's first and last names so that the full name can be displayed in views and reports.

I added the middle name and suffix fields to my contact form so I can enter them. But the Full Name field does not use these. For instance, I have John G. Doe, CPWA. Full name just shows John Doe, even though I put G. and CPWA in the middle name and suffix fields. I want the Full Name to read John G. Dew, CPWA.

Thanks! I've seen some answers that require programming, which is way above my capabilities. But maybe 2013 made this a bit easier than the old version? Hope springs eternal! :)

Thanks,

John

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:20 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

The Full Name concatenation is handle in Settings - Administration - System Setting

Select the option that you need from there.

Eric UNG [Senior Analyst Programmer :: Sydney, Australia]

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by john_oberweis Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:54 PM
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:42 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

The Full Name concatenation is handle in Settings - Administration - System Setting

Select the option that you need from there.

Eric UNG [Senior Analyst Programmer :: Sydney, Australia]

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by john_oberweis Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:54 PM
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:42 PM
  • Thanks, Eric!

Just occurred to me that I may as well leave it alone for searching on. If I mail merge, I have the other fields to use.

Thanks, though, I just saw there how to eliminate decimals in currency fields, something I've wanted to do for a long time!

John

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:57 PM