CRM 4.0 Service Calendar as a Calendar in Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to add the CRM Service Calendar to the Calendars viewable in Outlook (not through the Outlook Client)?

Thanks
    David

Thursday, June 3, 2010 3:56 PM

Answers

• Hi

Thanks for all your replies, I don't quite know what I was thinking when I posted this question but it seems I have figured it myself. I did think I needed to be able to view the calendar in Outlook as it was only available in CRM however then I remembered that the tasks/service bookings sync to the users Outlook calendar therefore the need to view the calendar is not needed!

Thanks again for the responses.

David

• Marked as answer by DavidHodgson Saturday, June 5, 2010 9:45 AM
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hi, David.

You can try to do following - create folder in you Outlook Client and set url for this folder equal http://[crm server]:[port]/[organization name]/sm/home_apptbook.aspx

Truth is opened the prepared mind

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Thursday, June 3, 2010 5:53 PM
  • Hello David,

You have to edit the sitemap and remove the client="web" item from the service calendar entry.

http://ts2community.com/blogs/larrylentz/archive/2008/08/29/exposing-service-calendar-in-outlook.aspx

Microsoft Business Solutions Partner http://www.nauta-automatisering.nl
    Friday, June 4, 2010 8:09 AM
  • Hi David, The suggestions provided by Andriy and Nauta assume that you want to make the service calendar available to CRM users in Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. I think what you are trying to do is to make a gantt chart of service activities and appointments available to non-CRM users who use Outlook, but who don't use Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook, is that right?

If so, you'll need to export the service activity/appointment data to an external data store and write a report displaying the information as a gantt chart and then publish the report in Outlook. You could achieve all of this using SQL Server Reporting Services. (If you write the report directly against CRM without buying CRM licenses for the users some people would say that you are in breach of the license agreement, hence my suggestion for an external data store). But given the cost/complexity of building the external data store and report, it might be easier to buy read-only user licenses for the people who need to see the service calendar.

Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

Friday, June 4, 2010 8:44 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for all your replies, I don't quite know what I was thinking when I posted this question but it seems I have figured it myself. I did think I needed to be able to view the calendar in Outlook as it was only available in CRM however then I remembered that the tasks/service bookings sync to the users Outlook calendar therefore the need to view the calendar is not needed!

Thanks again for the responses.

David

• Marked as answer by DavidHodgson Saturday, June 5, 2010 9:45 AM
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 9:45 AM