An MCPD completing an ERP Project in 4,5 months? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear list,

Last week I made a job interview with an applicant, was looking for our vacancy in Web development team. When I saw his CV I became hopeful that I found the right guy for the job because he was entitled MCT, MCPD and MVP. He was also very self-confident guy. When telling me about his previous projects, he said "I've completed an ERP project in 4,5 months with no stress, i was also educating people beside developing the project". First I thought that he was involved in a project for the period, but he clearly said (repeated) "I made it alone". Then I thought that the term ERP does not mean the same for us. To make it clear I've asked "which modules?", his reply was "every module you can imagine". Strange answer.

Anyway, I know it sounds impossible but he's also an MS certified guy. Could it be possible?

Regards,
    Mehmet AVŞAR

Datagen Bilisim Ltd
    Monday, January 11, 2010 12:37 PM

Answers

• You can ask for validation of his credentials. Any MCP can do this. Just ask them for the transcript sharing code and then input this information at https://mcp.microsoft.com/authenticate/validatemcp.aspx

Its a combination of a number and password. If he hasnt set this up, he cn set it up in a couple of seconds on the MCP site.

This will rule out any issues with his MCP credentials. It should also list his MCT credential tho I am not too sure on this. As for MVP status, you can check with MVPGA@microsoft.com and see if they can help you. Again all this is to validate that the candidate is MCPD, MCT and MVP.

After that, implementing versus developing might the reason why the turnaround was as such. If its a case of no development and just getting the organisation structure and practices into the system for a small to medium size company with previous planning this could be done (tho I doubt without the stress :) )

Blog: http://www.certsandprogs.com

70-536 Objectives List with MSDN Links
    70-505 Objectives List with MSDN Links
    70-562 Objectives List with MSDN Links
    70-433 Objectives List with MSDN Links
    • Marked as answer by Mehmet AVŞAR Monday, January 11, 2010 4:38 PM
    Monday, January 11, 2010 1:28 PM