Instant sync triggered by file change RRS feed

• General discussion

• Feature request - SyncToy is already about the best around for true synchronization, but it would be even better if it could (as an option) detect file changes and instantly mirror them while SyncToy is open or if it could be minimized to the tray. example: the program ozSync has this feature, available at http://nebula1979.fortunecity.it/#ozSync
    This would help dramatically to eliminate file version conflicts. 

An alternative would be if SyncToy could warn about version conflicts, or keep both files (like Windows' Offline Files feature does), instead of always using the newest one and overwriting the older one (I'm talking about when both copies of the file have changed since the last sync). I would vote for better handling of version conflicts either way, whether a file change trigger could be used or not.
    • Changed type Yunwen Bai Saturday, February 13, 2010 5:16 PM
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 2:43 PM

All replies

• Thanks for your sincerely suggestions, we will consider give more support in further version of SyncToy.

Thanks,
    Ping
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, February 12, 2010 5:35 AM
  • Feature request - SyncToy is already about the best around for true synchronization, but it would be even better if it could (as an option) detect file changes and instantly mirror them while SyncToy is open or if it could be minimized to the tray. example: the program ozSync has this feature, available at http://nebula1979.fortunecity.it/#ozSync
    This would help dramatically to eliminate file version conflicts. 
    An alternative would be if SyncToy could warn about version conflicts, or keep both files (like Windows' Offline Files feature does), instead of always using the newest one and overwriting the older one (I'm talking about when both copies of the file have changed since the last sync). I would vote for better handling of version conflicts either way, whether a file change trigger could be used or not.

I would like to second the feature request, especially the first part about syncing files as soon as changes are saved and running SyncToy as a service or in the tray.

Thanks

Friday, March 18, 2011 4:25 PM