Live mesh error 0000000193, 10 remote desktop connection RRS feed

• Question

• am running live mesh on home workgroup network and office Domain network.  I can remote control from home to office with no problems, but I can't seem to remote control from office to home.  getting the error 0...0193,10 cannot connect to...  even when I use live mesh through broweser I can't seem to connect.

the strange thing is when I took my work laptop to my home and used the same LOCAL wifi network, I still could not connect!  so it is not a firewall issue!  could it be because one computer is a member of a domain and the other is not?  Both computers runing Vista Business.  other computer in my home network can connect to each other, but computers in my office domain can't.

Any ideas to try?  thanks.
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 6:44 AM

Answers

• If the home PC is not accepting remote connections, first check the settings for remote in Control Panel/System. It might also be a firewall issue on that home PC.
    It should not be a domain issue, as the work PC was not connected to the domain when you brought the laptop home and connected to the local home LAN.
    If you are unable to resolve it with the remote settings in Control Panel or by turning off the firewall, I suggest filing a bug with logs from the home PC per the instructions here:

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:47 PM