Plugins RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm new in writing plugins. Please help me to do the following thing:

I have a custom "Loan details" entity connected with an "Opportunity" entity via N:N relationship. In opportunity record I have some "connection" connections, e.g. with a "seller" connection role. I want to pass all "seller connections" from opportunity to "Loan details" record.  Please help me to solve this problem.  Thanks in advance.

Sunday, March 1, 2015 4:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can use associate message. 

If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Thanks and Regards, Polat Aydın My blog

• Marked as answer by gMary Tuesday, April 21, 2015 5:55 PM
    Sunday, March 1, 2015 6:03 PM
  • You can use RetrieveMultiple to get the data from the related entities. If the records are related via a Connection, then the RetrieveMultiple should be on the connection entity, with a filter on record1id to match the opportunity. Note that, for connections, you can filter either on record1id or record2id, as they are interchangeable

If the records are related via a N:N relationship, then the RetrieveMultiple should be on the entity that forms the N:N relationship - this is the same as the relationship name

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Monday, March 2, 2015 2:27 PM
  • Hi gMary,

Below is the code to retrive the related records:

ConditionExpression condition_connectionShouldBeOfNeededOpportunity = new ConditionExpression();
                condition_connectionShouldBeOfNeededOpportunity.AttributeName = "record1id";
                condition_connectionShouldBeOfNeededOpportunity.Operator = ConditionOperator.Equal;
                condition_connectionShouldBeOfNeededOpportunity.Values.Add(new Guid("opportunity guid"));
                ConditionExpression condition_ConnectionShouldBeForSellerRole = new ConditionExpression();
                condition_ConnectionShouldBeForSellerRole.AttributeName = "record1roleid";
                condition_ConnectionShouldBeForSellerRole.Operator = ConditionOperator.Equal;
                condition_ConnectionShouldBeForSellerRole.Values.Add("'seller' connection role guid");
                QueryExpression query1 = new QueryExpression();
                query1.ColumnSet = new ColumnSet(true);
                query1.EntityName = "connection";
                query1.Criteria.AddCondition(condition_connectionShouldBeOfNeededOpportunity);
                query1.Criteria.AddCondition(condition_ConnectionShouldBeForSellerRole);
                EntityCollection result = iOrganizationService.RetrieveMultiple(query1);

It will retrieve only those connection which having your need opportunity with the "Seller Role".

foreach (var item in result.Entities)
                {
                    //associate item to "Loan Details"
                }

this will associate "seller connections" from opportunity to "Loan details" record.

• Edited by Piyush Parate Monday, March 2, 2015 3:27 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Piyush Parate Monday, March 2, 2015 3:27 PM
    Monday, March 2, 2015 3:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can use associate message. 

If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Thanks and Regards, Polat Aydın My blog

Sunday, March 1, 2015 6:03 PM
  • Ok, but I suppose in my code I need to get all seller connections connected with an opportunity and create new seller connections in this case connected with "loan diteils" card via associate message.

as I never before write a plugin I don't know how to get datas from related entities. Can you help me?

Monday, March 2, 2015 11:32 AM
  • You can use RetrieveMultiple to get the data from the related entities. If the records are related via a Connection, then the RetrieveMultiple should be on the connection entity, with a filter on record1id to match the opportunity. Note that, for connections, you can filter either on record1id or record2id, as they are interchangeable

If the records are related via a N:N relationship, then the RetrieveMultiple should be on the entity that forms the N:N relationship - this is the same as the relationship name

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Monday, March 2, 2015 2:27 PM
  • Hi gMary,

Below is the code to retrive the related records:

ConditionExpression condition_connectionShouldBeOfNeededOpportunity = new ConditionExpression();
                condition_connectionShouldBeOfNeededOpportunity.AttributeName = "record1id";
                condition_connectionShouldBeOfNeededOpportunity.Operator = ConditionOperator.Equal;
                condition_connectionShouldBeOfNeededOpportunity.Values.Add(new Guid("opportunity guid"));
                ConditionExpression condition_ConnectionShouldBeForSellerRole = new ConditionExpression();
                condition_ConnectionShouldBeForSellerRole.AttributeName = "record1roleid";
                condition_ConnectionShouldBeForSellerRole.Operator = ConditionOperator.Equal;
                condition_ConnectionShouldBeForSellerRole.Values.Add("'seller' connection role guid");
                QueryExpression query1 = new QueryExpression();
                query1.ColumnSet = new ColumnSet(true);
                query1.EntityName = "connection";
                query1.Criteria.AddCondition(condition_connectionShouldBeOfNeededOpportunity);
                query1.Criteria.AddCondition(condition_ConnectionShouldBeForSellerRole);
                EntityCollection result = iOrganizationService.RetrieveMultiple(query1);

It will retrieve only those connection which having your need opportunity with the "Seller Role".

foreach (var item in result.Entities)
                {
                    //associate item to "Loan Details"
                }

this will associate "seller connections" from opportunity to "Loan details" record.

• Edited by Piyush Parate Monday, March 2, 2015 3:27 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Piyush Parate Monday, March 2, 2015 3:27 PM
    Monday, March 2, 2015 3:22 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. One more question: In this case my plugin will be triggered every time any kind of 2 (or more) entities get associated by any native N:N relationship (so it will trigger for all N:N connected entities? ).

Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:54 PM