Unable to create case but able to view and edit cases in Xrm. Customer portal for CRM 2011 online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am using CRM 2011 online and deployed both Microsoft XRM partner and customer portals in Azure.  I am able to view and edit the case in customer portal but am getting error when I try to open a new case as below.  I imported the partner portal solutions.zip file and ran web-site copy for both partner and customer portals. 

I gave full access permissions on case, account, channel, contact etc., 

Server Error in '/' Application.

Sequence contains no elements

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements]
       Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Linq.QueryProvider.ThrowException(Exception exception) +12
       Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Linq.QueryProvider.Execute(QueryExpression qe, Boolean throwIfSequenceIsEmpty, Boolean throwIfSequenceNotSingle, Projection projection, NavigationSource source, List`1 linkLookups, String& pagingCookie, Boolean& moreRecords) +489
       Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Linq.QueryProvider.Execute(QueryExpression qe, Boolean throwIfSequenceIsEmpty, Boolean throwIfSequenceNotSingle, Projection projection, NavigationSource source, List`1 linkLookups) +131
       Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Linq.QueryProvider.Execute(Expression expression) +216
       Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Linq.QueryProvider.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute(Expression expression) +85
       System.Linq.Queryable.First(IQueryable`1 source, Expression`1 predicate) +590
       Site.Pages.eService.CreateCase.CreateButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Customer Portal\CustomerPortal\Web\Pages\eService\CreateCase.aspx.cs:30
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +154
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3707

Saturday, October 29, 2011 11:26 PM

Answers

• Looks like the default subject is not updated that you can find under site settings for case/subject. Update a default subject and you will be good to go  
    • Marked as answer by CRM elite Tuesday, November 1, 2011 3:56 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 4:32 PM

All replies

• Looks like the default subject is not updated that you can find under site settings for case/subject. Update a default subject and you will be good to go  
    • Marked as answer by CRM elite Tuesday, November 1, 2011 3:56 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 4:32 PM
  • Hi there,

I am having the exact same problem with you. I am wondering how you solved?

Thanks,

Cindy

Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:14 PM