Question about Live Meeting 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• When using OCS 2007 with Communicator client and Live meeting client 2007 on PC's I am able to IM, however I am unable to use the "share information using live meeting" option from the client.  This option shows up in my client but is greyed out. My OCS install is a single server for internal use only (no edge server involved.). 

Is there anything that I have to install or configure within OCS to allow web conferencing between users?

Thanks,
    Jason

Friday, November 23, 2007 3:22 AM

All replies

• If web conferecning is not enabled (via an OCS Meeting policy) for the specific user you are signed into Comuncator with, but Live Meeting is properly installed on the workstation then you would see the 'grayed out' behavior described.

Check your setting on the Meeting tab under Global Properties at the OCS forest level.  Verify that your selected policy has web conferencing enabled.  The default behaivor is to use a global default policy, but can also be set to assign a policy per user.

Saturday, November 24, 2007 3:49 PM
  • OK - I have the same symptom, but I think for the OPPOSITE problem -  I dont have the Live Meeting 2007 client installed...  WHERE DO I GET IT?!  Is it really different than the Office Communicator??

All of my users can IM, use voice, and video, but there's no facility to do a web conference.  I do have the default policy set to allow web conferences, all the users are on the default policy, and the server says the web conferencing components are working..

I saw a post that said in the BETA version of OCS2007, there was a LMCLIENT.EXE or something like that (dont have the post in front of me) but in the RTM version, I can't find that executable..

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated - I'm sure it's something dumb!  :-)

Thanks in advance!!

Friday, February 1, 2008 10:26 PM
  •  

Thanks!!

And, just to close the loop further, I also found the answer in another topic, way down the list... 

The links to the appropriate plug-ins are:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA101733831033.aspx

and

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA102368901033.aspx

The first is the client, the second is the office plug-in..

Hope this helps someone else!!!

Friday, February 1, 2008 10:38 PM