Drop Down Menu in Forms RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I am chanign my lead form to fit our needs more. I have made my change to the main tab. I have adde lead status. I want to add a drop down but it is different in 3.0 then 4.0.  I took the 4.0 class with Larry Lentz who was awesome but my compnay usses 3.0 (ugh).

any MVPS out there today!!!

Thanks
    Marty
    Friday, May 29, 2009 3:03 PM

Answers

• Adding a picklist attribute in CRM 3 is about the same as adding one in CRM.  Go to your Lead entity and create a new picklist attribute, add the values you want to the picklist, save and publish, open the Lead form and add the new attribute to your form, save and publish.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 8:58 PM

All replies

• Adding a picklist attribute in CRM 3 is about the same as adding one in CRM.  Go to your Lead entity and create a new picklist attribute, add the values you want to the picklist, save and publish, open the Lead form and add the new attribute to your form, save and publish.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 8:58 PM
  • I was able to get through the above by just allowing users to type in the area versus a picklist. 

I am trying to edit a picklist.  How do I edit the picklist?

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 12:43 PM
  • I actually found it.  Thanks to you Donna

I guess if I changed one of my attributes from attribute A to Atribute B all the prvious A's will then convert to B's?

hope that makes sense
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 1:18 PM
  • You're welcome.  In response to:

I guess if I changed one of my attributes from attribute A to Atribute B all the prvious A's will then convert to B's?

If by attribute, you mean picklist value, then yes.  If you replace an existing picklist value with a new value, the existing records that have that had the replaced picklist value will display the new value. 

If you add a new picklist value to the drop down list, then that value will be available for new records but will not update existing records.

If you delete the picklist value and add a new picklist value, the records that had the deleted picklist value will show an error in the field.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 1:38 PM