Microsoft Money 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• My Microsoft money 2007 decided for example to enter $36.32 as $36,320. I have gone in and tried to fix it by checking and making sure the currency was set at US $, but that didn't correct it. I have also tried to replace the file with older back ups - no help. I tried to find if there was a computer setting that I could change - nothing found. Excel works fine. I am running Window 7. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Monday, April 8, 2013 7:57 PM

All replies

• See if you defined that security as a Bond. If it is a bond fund, you should set that up as a MutualFund.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:33 AM
  • Thanks, but its all of my accounts, bonds, stocks and minutiae funds. They were all correct, then they ALL changed one day to this new mysterious currency system.
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 1:53 PM
  • Do you have a Money Backup File that predates the change? You could try restoring that. If you have such a file, at least consider saving a copy of that file to other media while you explore other options. Money 2007 saves the latest 4 backups by default, and that number can be increased to as high as 99. Also remember the scheduled backups that you make onto other media.

After saving that backup, I would try making a repaired version of your file with
    File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2. See if the problem remains.

You might go to Tools->Settings->ProgramSettings->UpdateCurrencies, and in the list, make sure the entry for United States US dollar says BASE in the ExhangeRate column.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 2:04 PM
  • Thanks. I had to download money plus sunset, then repair. It seems to have worked. I appreciate the help!
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:16 PM
  • Well.... It didn't work. I used repair, and the tools again to make sure I was in US $. However when I update stock piracies, the prices are still "$36,320" instead of "$36.20", When I enter a new price update such as $36.20 I get an error message "'36.20' is an invalid price. Please type a positive number that uses no more than 10 digits to the left of the decimal and 6 to the right." In addition all of my return percentages are expressed with a comma such as 6,7% instead of 6.7% Any more ideas? Thanks
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:35 PM
  • Go to the Windows control panel, and check the regional settings.

Also confirm that the problem exists for more than one Money account.
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:40 PM
  • Regional settings are US, and its for all accounts
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 5:10 PM
  • You want to know if the problem is with your Money data file or your installation. I would open the Sample.mny file from the Money install folder. See if it looks OK. If not, I would reinstall Money. Also consider starting a new Money file for experimenting.

I would try making a repaired version of your file with File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2

Also review your backup policies.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:39 AM