Trojan spy Win32/Bzub.GB.dll can't be removed by OneCare RRS feed

• Question

•  

This file is connected to the system file Comcob.dll the spyware scanner can't remove it and I can't remove the file because acces is denied!

The One Care warning message every time pops up I enter the Internet!!

How does I get rid of this trojan horse??

Pemo

Sunday, December 30, 2007 12:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Try scanning with One Care in safe mode. To scan in safe mode - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925222/en-us

If this does not resolve the issue please contact support. Support can be reached by using the help link in the One Care console.

Sunday, December 30, 2007 7:10 PM
  • I have same problem, but it says the infected file is diges.dll

I tryed to run the Safe Mode scanner, and it fails: it says that virus services aren't running.

Can I get some help please?

Sunday, January 13, 2008 10:18 PM
  • Ivan, please contact support for help with removal - 

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

Sunday, January 13, 2008 10:54 PM
  •  

Mine is Trojan Spy Win32 Mitune...may be additional letter at end.  I had the warning three times in just minutes nd one care said it was removed time,  All the time OneCare was green. 

Noma

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 5:42 AM
  • After the 3 warnings, did it stop? It may well have been coming from a web site you were browsing or you had multiple infections of the same trojan. OneCare will remain green since it is doing the job of protecting the PC from the threat. It won't change the OneCare status if it removes an infection unless that infection requires that you perform a complete scan to clean up the problem, in which case OneCare will probably turn yellow and advise you to run the full scan.

-steve

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:48 PM
  • Yes, stopped.  I will add, I was not surfing when the warning popped up, but rather installing new k/b and using install disc (Micro Innovations), if that makes any sense. 

Noma

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:43 PM
  • Interesting. I wonder if OneCare detected infections on the install CD or with the code being installed from that CD.

-steve

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:09 PM
  • I'll not know because I'm returning k/b.  (OT...can't get my bluetooth k/b to function. Using on-screen k/b)

Noma

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 5:19 PM

• I have a similar problem with the message Bzub.GB.dll only it points to a file c:\windows\system32\dmim.dll  The safe mode scan also identifies this as a trojan.  The dll refuses to delete using all my standard tricks.  What is the next step?
    Friday, January 18, 2008 4:56 AM
  •  greg47 wrote:

I have a similar problem with the message Bzub.GB.dll only it points to a file c:\windows\system32\dmim.dll  The safe mode scan also identifies this as a trojan.  The dll refuses to delete using all my standard tricks.  What is the next step?

Contacting OneCare support would be a good next step - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, January 18, 2008 2:06 PM