none
How many IIS web sites & SSL certificates we need for hosting our 5 Remote event receivers addin inside Azure VM RRS feed

• Question

• I want to host 5 provider hosted addins for our sharepoint online sites. now the provider hosted addins implement Remote Event receivers. So we have purchased an Azure VM to host the Remote Event Receivers.

But i have the following questions:-

1. how many IIS web sites we need to have inside the Azure VM? do we need to have 5 IIS sites (one site for each RER)? or we only need one IIS web site which can host 5 ++ RERs??

2. how many SSL certificates we need to have? as i know RER need to be hosted under https.. but i am not sure how many certificates we need?

Thanks

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 6:22 PM

All replies

• Hi johnjohn123,

I can see that your issue is related with Azure.

This forum only handles the issues regarding App for Office development.

So I suggest you to post your issue on StackOverFlow Forum with Azure Tag in question.

Microsoft Support engineers will try to provide you suggestions there for your question.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:32 AM