I have two product keys for live onecare and I think they're both active...don't wanna be double-billed. RRS feed

• Question

• My Live OneCare subscription is nearing expiration so I tried to activate another product key I had so as to not experience a lapse in coverage.  When I typed in the new product key, it said that that product was already active.  So I figured I must have gotten the old product key and the new one mixed up and I typed in the other product key.  Well, it said that that product was key was also active.  So I'm not sure if i've been double billed for most of this last 6 months or year of coverage(not sure how long the coverage was supposed to last) but, if so, I wanted to get that fixed...and if not, why are both product keys active, leaving me with no product key to enter to continue my subscription.

Friday, July 3, 2009 5:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• You will have to contact support to resolve the product key issue. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Friday, July 3, 2009 9:28 PM
  • Jim is correct that contacting support is the way to go. However, you won't have a lapse in coverage as far as I know. Sign on at https://billing.microsoft.com with your subscription LiveID to check the key that was used (part of it will be displayed). In addition, if you have a renew link visible, clicking it should get you a free 6 month extension.
    I'm still trying to get detailed clarification on the process, but it is my understanding that a subscription that is expiring now and for the next few months, until Microsoft Security Essentials is released, will automatically extended by 6 months. It may not happen until the actual expiration date, however.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Friday, July 3, 2009 11:47 PM