Problems connecting to meeting from the outside RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to set up a trial of the OCS functionality, and I have run into a problem with LiveMeeting external user access.

Things work fine internally. Communicator and Livemeeting client work.

Externally, users can not connect.

Here is the error:

LiveMeeting was unable to resolve the DNS hostname of the login server sipinternal.nettecture.com.

Our setup:

sipinternal.nettecture.com is our internal ocs server's alias in nettecture.com. It is a CNAME. I hav eentries for _sipinternal._tcp and _sipinteraltls._tcp pointing to this.

sip.nettecture.com and livemeeting.nettecture.com are the edge server entries, and the are IN A entries. I have SRV entries to them from _sipfederationtls._tcp

This is all I could find in the setup guide.

Now, for some reason the LiveMeeting client does not care about this external entry - possibly also because I am missing some more SRV record. As a result, it tries to connect to our internal server, which naturally is not available external.

Anyone can point me in the direction of the missing configuration? I would rather love to have autoconfiguration working. We plan to use that mostly as a demonstration system for potential customers, and the less they have to configure, the better.

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 9:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems like there is something about the config that isn't notifying users of the edge webconf service. In the edge setup, you need to specify the FQDN that external users will use (as well as the FQDN that the internal users will use). Check your Edge Server properties, Edge Interfaces tab, and click the Web Conferencing button. Towards the top of the tab you will see the external IP and the FQDN. Make sure that this is set to livemeeting.nettecture.com AND that you have a corresponding certificate for that FQDN.

Also, in the edge server properties, check the "access methods" tab. Make sure that you have "allow remote users" and "allow anonymous users to join meetings".

Regards,

Matt

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems like there is something about the config that isn't notifying users of the edge webconf service. In the edge setup, you need to specify the FQDN that external users will use (as well as the FQDN that the internal users will use). Check your Edge Server properties, Edge Interfaces tab, and click the Web Conferencing button. Towards the top of the tab you will see the external IP and the FQDN. Make sure that this is set to livemeeting.nettecture.com AND that you have a corresponding certificate for that FQDN.

Also, in the edge server properties, check the "access methods" tab. Make sure that you have "allow remote users" and "allow anonymous users to join meetings".

Regards,

Matt

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 3:55 PM
  • I think I may be experiencing something similar. I cannot get external meeting clients to connect as the host names they are trying (according to the external client's event log) are for our internal DNS (i.e sipexternal.internal.domain.com)  All tabs and propertly sheets that I can find are set with the FQDN that I chose for the external interface of the edge server, but this isnt being relayed to external clients.

A fix / workaround would be to simply create the default hostname the client is trying to use, but I cannot as it is in the format internal.domain.com and I need it to at least try and use domain.com 

How can I alter this?
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:56 PM