network connection disappearing and then reapears two days later RRS feed

• General discussion

• my network connection seam to come and go yester day they were there to day they disapear this has been going on for 2 or 3 weeks the last time I was on the phone with tech support  for two hours and no results my local tech was able to turn off fire wall in 5 minutes and the network was ok the next day it dissapeared again  the day after that I started to setup network connection again and it re appeared with setting up I,m ready to uninstall one care and throw in garbage

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 2:50 PM

All replies

• When you say that the network connection seems to come and go, do you mean that you are unable to connect to the Internet? If it comes and goes, I doubt that it is caused by OneCare, though. If shutting off the firewall fixed the problem, I'd be more suspicious of some other problem that was "fixed" by changing the network settings or a conflict with something else on your PC.

What type of network connection is this? Wired or wireless? "Local tech" means what?

When the problem happens, what exactly are the symptoms? Does it happen upon starting the PC or while it is in use?

What OS are you running, how long have you been using OneCare and how long has the problem been happening?

-steve

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 3:23 PM