Concerning HP Pavilion 754n RRS feed

• Question

• This machine was bought in 2002 so it is old. The prob I'm haveing is when I push the on button ,it turns on for about 15 sec. an then shuts itself off. I was not able to push the button an the machine would stay on till I pulled the plug on the back of the machine an the little light on the back went out. I then put the plug back in ,the little light went back on an I pushed the on button. The machine turned on for a few sec. an then turned itself off again. I have no idea what the prob might be. HELP! 
    Sunday, June 12, 2011 12:34 AM

Answers

• Try boot from a bootable CD, if it boots OK, post to answers.microsoft.com if the OS is windows. If booting fails, post to an HP forum.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, June 13, 2011 9:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft forum. This forum focuses on Perfmon and diagnostic tools. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks.

Bruce Adamczak

Bruce Adamczak Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you
    Monday, June 13, 2011 1:03 PM
  • Try boot from a bootable CD, if it boots OK, post to answers.microsoft.com if the OS is windows. If booting fails, post to an HP forum.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, June 13, 2011 9:04 PM