locked
CRM 2011: Entity Name not in Meta Data RRS feed

  • Question

  • Any idea why I would get this error for an existing entity? The obvious reason would be if the entity name was misspelled in my C# code, but it is not. I pulled it up in SQL and I case the table/view name and that is what I have in my code.

    The code is pretty simple and the logical name does match the name from the database.  Anything else that might cause this?  The new entity is there, functions, I've added records manually, but I am still getting this error.

    Any suggestions or thoughts are much appreciated, as I am not sure what else to look for.

    var newException = new Entity("dhi_hbcnaexceptions");
    newException.Attributes["dhi_name"] = loanRef.New_name;
    _crmSdkService.Update(newException);


    Jon Gregory Rothlander

    • Moved by Kristin Xie Friday, June 12, 2015 7:05 AM move to appropriate forum
    Thursday, June 11, 2015 8:25 PM

Answers

  • The following are some observations and suggestions,

    1. Make sure that the entity is published
    2. Validate that you are connecting to correct CRM organization
    3. Your update query does not specify which record that you would like to update. We need to pass guid of the record while update.
    • Marked as answer by jonrothlander Friday, June 12, 2015 2:30 PM
    Friday, June 12, 2015 8:50 AM

All replies

  • Hi Jon,

    Based on your description, your case related to CRM Entity Name, I will move your thread to

     

    DynamicsCRM Development forum for better support.

    Best regards,

    Kristin


    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

    Friday, June 12, 2015 7:04 AM
  • The following are some observations and suggestions,

    1. Make sure that the entity is published
    2. Validate that you are connecting to correct CRM organization
    3. Your update query does not specify which record that you would like to update. We need to pass guid of the record while update.
    • Marked as answer by jonrothlander Friday, June 12, 2015 2:30 PM
    Friday, June 12, 2015 8:50 AM
  • Follow Ramanthans suggestions and also check the entity and attribute names (edit the entity and check the name there), they are case sensitive.

    Halldór Jóhannsson

    Friday, June 12, 2015 9:47 AM
  • The following are some observations and suggestions,

    1. Make sure that the entity is published
    2. Validate that you are connecting to correct CRM organization
    3. Your update query does not specify which record that you would like to update. We need to pass guid of the record while update.

    Ramathan Rajendran,

    Thanks! You were on the right path here and pointed me in the right direction.  Ends up that I needed to do a Create() not an Update().  This is creating a new record. I was thinking that you could use Udpate() for both a create or update.  Guess not.

    Best regards,

    Jon  


    Jon Gregory Rothlander

    Friday, June 12, 2015 2:30 PM