none
Outlook 2016 Simple Mapi With Acomba RRS feed

• Question

• Acomba is a software and work ok with outlook 2013 usually.

With outlook 2016 it make an error and outlook outlook send email windows did't popup at all.

Acomba was made in dephi.

I used procmon for try to find out where it fail but got nothing.

Acomba will not make anymore update of their program as they did't know themself how it work...

I need help for make it work. I can provide u anything u want for test it and find out where it go wrong.

By the way in Acomba usually we can see a checkbox if extended mapi was avalable but in this case we didt see it, it's like he didt detect profile.

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 5:20 PM

All replies

• There is nothing you can do. The app needs to be debugged and fixed.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 5:36 PM
  • it's work with outlook 2013 but not 2016... im sure we can do something about it. Must be related to some registry key that 2013 create but not 2016.
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:03 PM
  • No, Outlook 2016 installs in different folders, plus it comes in different flavors - MSI, Click-to-Run (C2R), and Windows App Store version.

The original application would have to be updated. No way around that.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:16 PM
  • Julie,

The best what you can do in such case is to contact Acomba developers asking to support Outlook 2016 (or any other workaround from them).

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 12:08 AM
  • Hello Julie Lavoie,

This forum(Outlook for Developers) is for development issues related to Outlook Object Model and Acomba is a third pat application. I would suggest you contact their support team for help. For current thread, I would move it to Off-Topic forum.

Thanks for understanding,

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 10:25 AM