audio device not playing sound. RRS feed

• Question

• I hav Dell optiplex GX 260 desktop. I dowloaded a new driver from dell (ADI 198X integrated audio) and everything seems ok but I still cant get sound on the speaker, and speaker icon on the task bar. I used microsoft FIX IT and the problem is that "Audio device isn't set as a default device" - even though I have set it to be a default device in the sound and audio properties window several times. can anybody help please!  My OS is XP profetional service pack 3.
    Monday, January 24, 2011 4:55 PM

All replies

• I hav Dell optiplex GX 260 desktop. I dowloaded a new driver from dell (ADI 198X integrated audio) and everything seems ok but I still cant get sound on the speaker, and speaker icon on the task bar. I used microsoft FIX IT and the problem is that "Audio device isn't set as a default device" - even though I have set it to be a default device in the sound and audio properties window several times. can anybody help please!  My OS is XP profetional service pack 3.
    • Merged by Fafafaalex Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:09 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Fafafaalex Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:25 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Fafafaalex Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:26 AM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 5:35 PM
  • Dear Customer,

Thanks for your posted. Based on your describe, I know you have encountered an hardware issue on your PC, and through fix it but still not fix the problem. Have you noticed that when you have been run finished 'Microsoft FIX IT' , and if problem not fix, it will be show link other solutions. After you click Other Solutions, the available solution appears at the center of the page. When you click Other solutions, you are presented with one or more solutions that can help you resolve your problem. These solutions can either link you to a KB article, a Help and How to page, or other resources. Would you please try 'Other Solutions'? May be it will help you that is my suggestion.  Looking forward to your reply. Thanks. 

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 6:22 AM